Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about US Bank CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about US Bank CLI

@csryang wrote:

I would like to share my experience as well. I think from what I heard, if you request CLI, it's likely that it could be hard pull depending on how high you ask for.

I never initiate CLI myself with US bank. It's always an invite.

I opened my US bank cash plus card in 6/2014 with CL of 5k

I dont think I have ever spent more than 1000 in one month.

Around 9 month mark 3/2015, I got a letter saying that they automatically increase my limit from 5k to 7.5k.

Now just today I got an email titled "Exclusive offer: Increase your creadit line = confirm now!

In the text, it even suggested that I could qualify for an increase up to 4.5k from recent periodic review. 

It asked me to go to a link  usbank.com/cl   or  call  1-866-659-6801.

I went to the link and this section specifically say that there's no (hard) pull:

Will this credit line increase request require a credit check?

No, line increases through this process will not require an additional credit check (also known as bureau score review).

Eventually, I input my income and rent. Boom... I was given instantly 4.5k increase to total of 12k CL today just like the email suggested. 

I think it's soft pull but I have no way to check... (If they actually do hard pull, I will dispute with them as the CL website clearly suggested soft pull like action.

It's funny that back in March this year I thought I would get a CLI from them as well just like last year but never did.

Discover has a better bonus category this quarter. Therefore, I have not used my US bank cash plus for almost 2 months. Before that, I was using it regularly small charges here and there.

Of note, it's not unusual for me to have more than 10k CL. I have had three of them from Amex, one from Chase, and one from Barclays. I am supprised that US Bank is the 4th lender allowing me to have more than 10k CL card. Now Citi is just very stingy with me for some reason...

I would suggest you to use that link or phone number every 6 months or so to see if you are eligible for CLI. That's what I am gonna do from now on. 

Also interestingly, it's been almost 2 years since I opened the card = possibly 4 CLI requests. If I can request 1.5k increase each time, It means that my total CLI could be up to 11k CL now, which is roughly what was granted to me this time!

YES!! Thats the link and number I ran across when I was reseaching it online and it all makes sense to me now.I have never received an invite therefore am ineligible for an increase.Thats why I wasnt showing up in their system.That link is specifically for people who have had an invitation for an increase.Thank you for the info Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@14Fiesta wrote:

Hi! USB rep here. Let me see if I can try and clear some things up regarding your situation.

When you first called the number on the back of the card, you would be connected with regular customer service. What a regular CS agent told you in regards to there "might" be a HP is correct. I don't know what the criteria is whether or not underwriting pulls a CR, but even being a "manual review" bank, sometimes CLI requests over the phone are able to be approved immediately, so that's food for thought on the whole "might" thing. 

-------

Now sometimes we run offers where a CH can be "proactively approved" for a CLI, as mentioned by someone earlier in this thread. This is obviously not something you can request, but you have to be invited to. These types of increases are handled by a third party, so it's very possible you called that third parties number. They would not be able to locate your account over there because you were not "proactively approved" for any type of increase, and as such we did not share your account information with this company. This would also explain why she used the verbiage "this offer would not be a HP". If you are included in a proactive CLI strategy, it would only be a SP, and only this third party handles those requests (not general CS).   

-------

Also regarding your post later in this thread where it was determined you were ineligible. How long have you had the card? I know there is policy to wait 6 months between CLI requests (account opening counts as your first "request"). If you are within that six months, then the CLI would be declined with no CB pull. 

-------

@Ghoshida

"Calling CSRs get you more misinformation than good info."

Hey I resent that lol. Smiley Tongue

Thanks for your insight! I have had the card almost a year,maybe 10 mos perhaps? I think you are right.What happened is I ran across the link that was meant for people who possibly were invited to accept an eligible increase.I never received an invitation and thats why I was not in their system.I feel silly now lol but am relieved to have solved the puzzle.I am however going to pull it out and utilize it monthly and maybe trigger an invite in the future Smiley Happy...................Thanks all for the input!

Message 22 of 24
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

I recieved an email today with a link for a CLI on my Ace rewards card. The US Bank/cl page was totally different than any of my other CLIs. It said it was a SP and I got $3,500 to match my Cash+. The first page asked for last 4 of SS and CC and zip code before the page came up that it would be a SP. So now I'm not sure without an invitation if it will be a SP for a CLI under $1500. Just an update, maybe we wore out our welcome without an invite.
Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 23 of 24
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

have you had any luck with US Bank CLI?

Yup.  Both have been hard pulls.  Requested via the link Goshida posted.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.