Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about US Bank Reporting..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about US Bank Reporting..

Recently I was approved for my first credit card, Secured US Bank Visa. 1,000 Limit.  I received the card at the end of September and had my first statement close of 10/7.. I put quite a few charges on it the first week I had it and paid it down to 135.00 so that I would have roughly 13-14% util. I just look at my TU report and it shows that for that statement my Balance was 461.00 but yet my High Balance was 135.00. Why would US Bank not report what my statement closed at, which was 135.00, im fairly new to this so if I have made a mistake please let me know, Thanks! It did drop my TU score by 6 pts, and my next statement closes tonight and I will be letting it close at roughly 80.00. Am I doing something wrong?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

Re: Question about US Bank Reporting..

My understanding is that US Bank reports at the end of each month rather than when your statement cuts.  So whatever your balance is on November 30th will be reported to the CBs.  I am not 100% sure this is what they do with secured cards, but this is what they do for unsecured cards (I have one).

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually just got off the phone with them and the rep said that they report the first week of every month rather than the close date.. ouch gotta start watching it even more now.

Message 3 of 4
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I have been told that it is a few days before your statement date. Which for me lines up with the beginning of each month.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.