Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about USBank

tag
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about USBank

@enharu wrote:
When I applied for cash+ in the branch I was told it had to undergo review. People in the branch told me to give it a day or two, and they helped me follow up with the underwriters the next day. Turned out they needed to verify my ID, which was weird since I already did the app in person at their branch, but I was approved the next day.

Just give it a couple days. If they are not busy or short-staffed due to the holidays, they are usually pretty quick

Sounds good, i'm used to instant result Smiley Very Happy

Will keep it updated.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 11 of 19
chwebb1
Established Contributor

Those of you that have the Cash+, what did your profile look like before applying? Do I have a chance of being approved for one since currently my largest CL is $4300?

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 12 of 19
enharu
Super Contributor

@armbenderc, try giving them a call tomorrow. Sometimes it may just be an ID verification issue.

@chwebb1, how many inquiries, new accounts and what is your AAoA? Any derogs?

Highest CL doesn't really reflect much. I have seen people who's been using their 3-5k CL cards for years / decades without applying for new cards. And when they finally did, they were getting approved for 5 digits CLs with no issues simply because their previously highest CL wasn't representative of what they should have been getting, since it was based on outdated income and credit history data.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 13 of 19
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@chwebb1 wrote:

Those of you that have the Cash+, what did your profile look like before applying? Do I have a chance of being approved for one since currently my largest CL is $4300?

While anything is possible, I think in general US Bank is not going to be the 1st issuer of a CC higher than $5K (minimum Cash+ CL) if your other TLs are below that threshold.  They tend to be quirky about inquiries, new accounts and high utilization IMO.  I have a seasoned/thick CR profile with CLs upwards of $25K, utilization was around ~3-4% when I applied in July, scores hovered above to 780, EQ.

Message 14 of 19
chwebb1
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:
@armbenderc, try giving them a call tomorrow. Sometimes it may just be an ID verification issue.

@chwebb1, how many inquiries, new accounts and what is your AAoA? Any derogs?

Highest CL doesn't really reflect much. I have seen people who's been using their 3-5k CL cards for years / decades without applying for new cards. And when they finally did, they were getting approved for 5 digits CLs with no issues simply because their previously highest CL wasn't representative of what they should have been getting, since it was based on outdated income and credit history data.

Inquiries:

EQ: 9

EX: 5

TU: 4

My Amex, Citi, Barclaycard, and Discover have all been opened in the last 6 months.

AAOA:

EX and TU: .6 years

EQ: 1.5 years

I have no derogs.

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 15 of 19
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@enharu wrote:
When I applied for cash+ in the branch I was told it had to undergo review. People in the branch told me to give it a day or two, and they helped me follow up with the underwriters the next day. Turned out they needed to verify my ID, which was weird since I already did the app in person at their branch, but I was approved the next day.

Just give it a couple days. If they are not busy or short-staffed due to the holidays, they are usually pretty quick

When I applied in branch, it was an instant denial. It didn't really derail me for very long...

4 months later I had TWO Cash+ cards Smiley Wink

What is their policy with more than one of the same card? Do they allow this in general or did you have a special circumstance? I would love 2 Cash+ cards. That would double my5%  bonus ability each month.

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 16 of 19
Startome
Regular Contributor

I got denied for a secured card with them, a month later the cash came out of my account. I called in and found out their system had drudged my app up from who knows where for them to manually review, and they'd approved it lol xD

Current: EQ FICO 0, TU FICO 0, EX FICO 0 | Starting Score: 0 (08/21/2013)

Starting total revolving credit: $0 | Current total revolving credit: $1600.00

Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 3-4 TU Unsure EX Unsure | Most Recent: 8/19/2013

2013 Goals:
1,000.00 Emergency Fund
1,000.00 Emergency Fund, AGAIN
Mechanically Sound Car
Unsecured Card

Fifth Third $300
U.S. Bank Harley Davidson $300
Capital One Platinum $500
2nd Capital One Platinum $500

Message 17 of 19
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Approved, updated in approval section.
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 18 of 19
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@crunching_numbers wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@enharu wrote:

When I applied in branch, it was an instant denial. It didn't really derail me for very long...

4 months later I had TWO Cash+ cards Smiley Wink

What is their policy with more than one of the same card? Do they allow this in general or did you have a special circumstance? I would love 2 Cash+ cards. That would double my5%  bonus ability each month.

I had to pc them into cash+ cards from other cards.

I was talking with a US Bank underwriter once about a possible CLI, and asked if there was any rule he knew of that would prevent having 2 cash+ cards, and he said he didn't know of any, except that the rewards on each card would be separate, of course.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.