Reply
Established Member
Posts: 21
Registered: ‎02-11-2013
0

Question about Visa Signature

I was recently approved for the Citi AA card with a limit of $2800.  I got my welcome letter today and it says that it is a Visa Signature.  I was under the impression that a Signature card required at least a $5000 limit.  Is this incorrect?

EQ-679 TU-721 EX-?

Citi Diamond Preferred ($1K) Cap One Venture ($2500) Discover IT ($4400) Chase Slate ($400) BofA Case Visa ($1000) CiTi AA ($2800)
Moderator
Posts: 27,205
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: Question about Visa Signature

Usually but not always. If your bank says it is then I'm sure it is. Just like some CL at $5000 are not Visa Signature. I have a $10k Visa and its not a Signature- my CU doesn't have Signature Visa's.

Congrats
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,425
Registered: ‎08-30-2011
0

Re: Question about Visa Signature


kyjd-2015 wrote:

I was recently approved for the Citi AA card with a limit of $2800.  I got my welcome letter today and it says that it is a Visa Signature.  I was under the impression that a Signature card required at least a $5000 limit.  Is this incorrect?


I believe that's set by the issuer, and not Visa per se. There's no "requirement" by Visa.  Each issuer determines what their minimum criteria is for a Visa Signature card, and they may have different standards depending on where one's credit scores and other factors, lands them. 

Diners Club Premier MasterCard $50K / AMEX Gold NPSL / AMEX Zync NPSL / AMEX Blue Cash Preferred $14K / Bank of America Cash Rewards Signature Visa $15K / Merrill Lynch Plus Signature Visa $15K / Wells Fargo Propel 365 $15K / Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa $10K / J P Morgan Select Signature Visa $10K / Chase Slate Visa $6K / CITI Diamond Preferred MasterCard $13.2K / Discover IT $10.5K / IberiaBank Select Visa $8K / 1st Command Bank Platinum Visa $7.5K // Home Depot $9.7K / Lowes $10K

EX = 818 EQ = 822 TU = 830 - 01/2015
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,292
Registered: ‎08-19-2012
0

Re: Question about Visa Signature


thom02099 wrote:

kyjd-2015 wrote:

I was recently approved for the Citi AA card with a limit of $2800.  I got my welcome letter today and it says that it is a Visa Signature.  I was under the impression that a Signature card required at least a $5000 limit.  Is this incorrect?


I believe that's set by the issuer, and not Visa per se. There's no "requirement" by Visa.  Each issuer determines what their minimum criteria is for a Visa Signature card, and they may have different standards depending on where one's credit scores and other factors, lands them. 


Citi seems to be the only one that will give out Visa Signature cards with a CL below 5k.... maybe they have some kind of deal with Visa?

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Established Contributor
Posts: 631
Registered: ‎07-29-2010
0

Re: Question about Visa Signature

This is the same as my Citi ThankYou Preferred. It has a CL of $3500 but is a visa signature and is NPSL. 

Discover IT $25K | FNBO Visa $22K | Citi Forward $14.5K | US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $15K | Priceline/Barclays $10K | Chase Freedom $10.5K | Amazon/Chase Visa Sig $8.3k | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Sallie Mae World MC/Barclays $5K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | Commerce Bank $5K | WF Cash Back Visa $3.6K | Amazon/GEMB $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | AMEX BCE $2K Target $1K | AMEX Green
EX FICO (from AMEX): 754, TU08 FICO (from Discover): 755, AAoA: 3.6 years
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,936
Registered: ‎03-30-2012
0

Re: Question about Visa Signature

My step dad has a BoA Visa Signature with a CL of $2,000 or so...I know this because he had me pay the bill for him online a few times...lol.

Scores 1/12/2014: TU FICO: 660 | EQ FICO: 665 | EX AMEX FICO: TBD

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | BarclayCard Rewards Average: $2000 | Travelocity Rewards AMEX: $1050 | Discover IT: $1500 | Amazon Rewards Visa: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Sportsman's Guide Visa: $3000 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $1600 | Target: $700 | J.Crew $9950
Regular Contributor
Posts: 234
Registered: ‎08-04-2012
0

Re: Question about Visa Signature


ryanbush wrote:

thom02099 wrote:

kyjd-2015 wrote:

I was recently approved for the Citi AA card with a limit of $2800.  I got my welcome letter today and it says that it is a Visa Signature.  I was under the impression that a Signature card required at least a $5000 limit.  Is this incorrect?


I believe that's set by the issuer, and not Visa per se. There's no "requirement" by Visa.  Each issuer determines what their minimum criteria is for a Visa Signature card, and they may have different standards depending on where one's credit scores and other factors, lands them. 


Citi seems to be the only one that will give out Visa Signature cards with a CL below 5k.... maybe they have some kind of deal with Visa?


Visa signature cards earn Citi higher swipe fees from merchants. So it makes sense Citi would issue mostly signature cards to earn more money.

Blogger
Posts: 3,347
Registered: ‎10-19-2012
0

Re: Question about Visa Signature


injustifiiable wrote:

My step dad has a BoA Visa Signature with a CL of $2,000 or so...I know this because he had me pay the bill for him online a few times...lol.


Interesting. This is the first time I've heard of this with BofA. Your stepdad must've got the card a while back! :smileyhappy:

 

Established Member
Posts: 21
Registered: ‎02-11-2013
0

Re: Question about Visa Signature

Thanks, everyone.  Last question...what is the real difference between Visa and Visa signature?

EQ-679 TU-721 EX-?

Citi Diamond Preferred ($1K) Cap One Venture ($2500) Discover IT ($4400) Chase Slate ($400) BofA Case Visa ($1000) CiTi AA ($2800)
Regular Contributor
Posts: 234
Registered: ‎08-04-2012
0

Re: Question about Visa Signature


kyjd-2015 wrote:

Thanks, everyone.  Last question...what is the real difference between Visa and Visa signature?


concierge and no preset spending limit.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.