New Contributor

Question about a BOA PC???

I currently have a BOA secured card that is 9 months old today. After having the card for about 4 months I contacted BOA to see if I could add the 123 rewards. Took all of 60 secs for them to say "sure, your new card should arrive in 7 to 10 days." Anyway my question is this, since BOA will likely hard pull me when I request to have the card unsecured in 3 months, can I request a PC at the same time? I have had my eyes on a specific card from BOA for a few years now specifically the Alaska airlines Visa card.

Current fico scores
Exp- 681 (Amex pull)
TU- 677 (Walmart)
EQ- 659 (here)

Thanks for any Input you might have.
Regular Contributor

Re: Question about a BOA PC???

For a PC they do not hard pull.
New Contributor

I've been told in the past that BOA HP's for almost everything. But that's good to know, thanks for the new info.
New Contributor

Sometimes it seems like I'm the only person living in Alaska that doesn't have the ak airlines card. Man those things are everywhere up here.

I added 123 to my 99/500 boa card immediately. It just graduated at 9 months, 99 refunded, cli to 2500. That is my highest cc limit, except being an AU.

I believe no HP PC, only customer initiated cli requests.

Hope yours graduates soon.
Regular Contributor

Pretty much everyone in the PNW has the card lol. I can only imagine seeing all of them in alaska :smileysurprised:
Age: 22 | FICO: TU 781, EQ 754, EX 771 | FAKO: TU 768, EX 769 | Garden: 4/14 | Total History: 6yr 2mo | AAoA: 3yr 0mo | Util: 1%
........24000...............4000...............6000................7000................500..................5000................7500...............10000
New Contributor

Probably a dumb question but when and if my card unsecures in 3 months, is that considered a PC??
Regular Contributor

ssdc1980 wrote:
I currently have a BOA secured card that is 9 months old today. After having the card for about 4 months I contacted BOA to see if I could add the 123 rewards. Took all of 60 secs for them to say "sure, your new card should arrive in 7 to 10 days." Anyway my question is this, since BOA will likely hard pull me when I request to have the card unsecured in 3 months, can I request a PC at the same time? I have had my eyes on a specific card from BOA for a few years now specifically the Alaska airlines Visa card.

Current fico scores
Exp- 681 (Amex pull)
TU- 677 (Walmart)
EQ- 659 (here)

Thanks for any Input you might have.

I tried PCing my Travel Rewards card to an Alaska credit card and they said it's not possible for anyone. But you can PC a secured card to an Alaska card?

Epic Contributor

BofA will PC within their own cards not partner cards like alaska... So 123 to executive 123 or breast cancer , etc.

And hp to unsecure not to pc
Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 710 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
90 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Regular Contributor

Creditaddict wrote:
BofA will PC within their own cards not partner cards like alaska... So 123 to executive 123 or breast cancer , etc.

And hp to unsecure not to pc

good info. thanks

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.