Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about a BOA PC???

tag
ssdc1980
New Contributor

Question about a BOA PC???

I currently have a BOA secured card that is 9 months old today. After having the card for about 4 months I contacted BOA to see if I could add the 123 rewards. Took all of 60 secs for them to say "sure, your new card should arrive in 7 to 10 days." Anyway my question is this, since BOA will likely hard pull me when I request to have the card unsecured in 3 months, can I request a PC at the same time? I have had my eyes on a specific card from BOA for a few years now specifically the Alaska airlines Visa card.

Current fico scores
Exp- 681 (Amex pull)
TU- 677 (Walmart)
EQ- 659 (here)

Thanks for any Input you might have.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
aloush11
Regular Contributor

Re: Question about a BOA PC???

For a PC they do not hard pull.
Message 2 of 10
ssdc1980
New Contributor

I've been told in the past that BOA HP's for almost everything. But that's good to know, thanks for the new info.
Message 3 of 10
ssdc1980
New Contributor

Sometimes it seems like I'm the only person living in Alaska that doesn't have the ak airlines card. Man those things are everywhere up here.
Message 4 of 10
RAZIUG

I added 123 to my 99/500 boa card immediately. It just graduated at 9 months, 99 refunded, cli to 2500. That is my highest cc limit, except being an AU.

I believe no HP PC, only customer initiated cli requests.

Hope yours graduates soon.
Message 5 of 10
broseph23
Regular Contributor

Pretty much everyone in the PNW has the card lol. I can only imagine seeing all of them in alaska Smiley Surprised
Age: 25 | FICO: TU 802, EQ 782, EX 801 | FAKO: TU 778, EX 769 | Garden: 6/2015 | Total History: 7yr 6mo | AAoA: 4yr 2mo | Util: 4%
........24000...............10000.....................6000................7000................500..................5000................18000...............10000
Message 6 of 10
ssdc1980
New Contributor

Probably a dumb question but when and if my card unsecures in 3 months, is that considered a PC??
Message 7 of 10
Stiga9
Regular Contributor

@ssdc1980 wrote:
I currently have a BOA secured card that is 9 months old today. After having the card for about 4 months I contacted BOA to see if I could add the 123 rewards. Took all of 60 secs for them to say "sure, your new card should arrive in 7 to 10 days." Anyway my question is this, since BOA will likely hard pull me when I request to have the card unsecured in 3 months, can I request a PC at the same time? I have had my eyes on a specific card from BOA for a few years now specifically the Alaska airlines Visa card.

Current fico scores
Exp- 681 (Amex pull)
TU- 677 (Walmart)
EQ- 659 (here)

Thanks for any Input you might have.

I tried PCing my Travel Rewards card to an Alaska credit card and they said it's not possible for anyone. But you can PC a secured card to an Alaska card?

Message 8 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

BofA will PC within their own cards not partner cards like alaska... So 123 to executive 123 or breast cancer , etc.

And hp to unsecure not to pc
Message 9 of 10
Stiga9
Regular Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
BofA will PC within their own cards not partner cards like alaska... So 123 to executive 123 or breast cancer , etc.

And hp to unsecure not to pc

good info. thanks

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.