Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about amex.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about amex.

I'm a current amex card holder (green card) and I want to apply for the BCP or EDP. I've only been a card holder since last December. Now I could be mistaken, but I think I read somewhere in the forum that you cant open another amex card until you had your current one for 13 months (?) or something along those lines. I was going to app earlier but I didn't because I remember reading something like this on the forum. I just wanted to ask if this is true. I'm supposed to be gardening but I'm going to use the remainder of this year to get the cards I need and can get maximum rewards from as well as hefty credit credit limits. I'd like to get one of these cards asap so I can start the journey of getting the 3x cli. I figure the sooner the better since I'll be cutting almost all my cards except 3.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
BeeH11
Regular Contributor

Re: Question about amex.

From what I read in these forums, no, that's not true. Many people here app for 2 Amex on the same day.
Chase Sapphire Reserve. Chase Freedom Unlimited. Amex Gold. Amex Everyday. Discover It. Capital One QuickSilver. Bloomingdales. Victoria Secret.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on my experience in the past 2 months, I've opened 3 credit/charge cards from Amex (Blue Cash Everyday Preferred, Everyday Preferred and then the Gold Card premier). I applied for the Blue card first and I waited for a month then I applied 2 cards after that on the same day. (By the way, all of them were approved)

Message 3 of 12
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

You abososlutely can apply for another one regardless of how long you've had your Green card. If you're denied it'll be a soft pull and if it's approved it'll be a hard pull. Let us know how it goes!

Message 4 of 12
core
Valued Contributor

You can apply right now.  I've done 2 in the same day, and then 2 more separated by just a few short weeks.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes!!! That's awsome new!! But I could of sworn I've read something like that on here....oh well I'm going to pull the trigger!
Message 6 of 12
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes!!! That's awsome new!! But I could of sworn I've read something like that on here....oh well I'm going to pull the trigger!

You have to wait 13 months to product change. Maybe thats what you were reading.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@avadakedavra you could be right. That's must of what I read.
Message 8 of 12
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@AvadaKedavra you could be right. That's must of what I read.

Good luck on your app..

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have the green and gold apped for the BCP and got denied for reasons i sort of new. IT was a soft pull.!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.