Did you mean: 

Question about applying by phone

tag
drewrico
New Contributor

Re: Question about applying by phone

@awdsmama wrote:

@drewrico wrote:

I was just trying to see if i could get the inq taken off because i didnt get approved. either way it goes, one less inq would be nice.

At 18yrs old, how many inq's do you have right now?   How did you apply for the other cards (if their are other inqs) was it online/in writing etc

Have you been added as AU on any of your parents cards?

Any open TLs on your report, student loans etc? 

Have you looked into getting a secured card to start out with instead?

all the other credit cards i have i either applied for online, or instore for my best buy card (cosigned by mom). I work at best buy, thats why i have it. either way. I havea  cap1 card, discover it, and discover more. all applied for online.

other than that, thats the only things on my credit reports except for high inqs (9 i think). thinking of asking my parents to add me as au but wasnt sure if it would report on my credit reports.

Message 21 of 29
awdsmama
Established Contributor

@drewrico wrote:

@awdsmama wrote:

@drewrico wrote:

I was just trying to see if i could get the inq taken off because i didnt get approved. either way it goes, one less inq would be nice.

At 18yrs old, how many inq's do you have right now?   How did you apply for the other cards (if their are other inqs) was it online/in writing etc

all the other credit cards i have i either applied for online, or instore for my best buy card (cosigned by mom). I work at best buy, thats why i have it. either way. I havea  cap1 card, discover it, and discover more. all applied for online.

other than that, thats the only things on my credit reports except for high inqs (9 i think). thinking of asking my parents to add me as au but wasnt sure if it would report on my credit reports.

You are 18.....and have 9 inqs already  with 4 cards all under a year old? 

Time to garden, let your inquiries and new accounts all age a bit before you start going for more cards!  

So, did you ask the other companies you app'd for online to delete THEIR inquiries as well?  Or is it just the one that denied you that you plan on asking.  Yes, there was a hint of sarcasm there but really come on.  You know that if they'd approved you, you wouldn't be asking. 

Fico: 701 (5/22/14) 682 (5/9/2014)
Discover IT $5,200 / CU Visa $1,000 / JC Penny$3,000
App Free since 2/2013
Message 22 of 29
drewrico
New Contributor

@awdsmama wrote:

@drewrico wrote:

@awdsmama wrote:

@drewrico wrote:

You are 18.....and have 9 inqs already  with 4 cards all under a year old? 

Time to garden, let your inquiries and new accounts all age a bit before you start going for more cards!  

So, did you ask the other companies you app'd for online to delete THEIR inquiries as well?  Or is it just the one that denied you that you plan on asking.  Yes, there was a hint of sarcasm there but really come on.  You know that if they'd approved you, you wouldn't be asking. 

i was planning on gardening. but i was just thinking, why not use the law to my advantage.

Message 23 of 29
awdsmama
Established Contributor

@slippy84 wrote:

@drewrico wrote:

so is it illegal for an 18 year old to apply by phone?

Apparently

"Prohibition on issuance.—No credit card may be issued to, or open end consumer credit plan established by or on behalf of, a consumer who has not attained the age of 21, unless the consumer has submitted a written application to the card issuer that meets the requirements of subparagraph (B)"

http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Credit_Card_Accountability_Responsibility_and_Disclosure_Act_of_2009/T...

Hmmm now that says it can't be ISSUED......doesn't say the teen cannot apply, and perhaps the CSR would then (if the CR info met their criteria) tell the person they would need to officially submit written app WITH cosignor? So, there could be a loophole...

App Free since 2/2013
Message 24 of 29
drewrico
New Contributor

@awdsmama wrote:

@slippy84 wrote:

@drewrico wrote:

Apparently

"Prohibition on issuance.—No credit card may be issued to, or open end consumer credit plan established by or on behalf of, a consumer who has not attained the age of 21, unless the consumer has submitted a written application to the card issuer that meets the requirements of subparagraph (B)"

http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Credit_Card_Accountability_Responsibility_and_Disclosure_Act_of_2009/T...

Hmmm now that says it can't be ISSUED......doesn't say the teen cannot apply, and perhaps the CSR would then (if the CR info met their criteria) tell the person they would need to officially submit written app WITH cosignor? So, there could be a loophole...

see what im saying. im going to try and call eo tomorrow.

Message 25 of 29
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

@drewrico wrote:

Main reason im asking this is one of two reasons.

1. if i could possibly call them and say im 18 and instead of paying a fine, see if they would rather extend a credit line to me. 

or 

2. if no credit line, get the inq taken off credit reports via dispute.

You are aware of the fact that your statements constitute extortion and fraud...right?  

The truth is you don't have any legal footing as the law is quite broad and the law itself was written one way but the Feds are the ones that both interpret/implement it as they see fit. Therefore, you have just about no legal backing/recourse. 

On a side note: Are you presently employed?

Message 26 of 29
slippy84
Contributor

@drewrico wrote:

@awdsmama wrote:

@slippy84 wrote:

@drewrico wrote:

Apparently

So your plan is to call up the Executive Office to try to blackmail Chase? So you can remove one inquiry out of 9? At the age of 18, when they'll disappear before long and you really should be in gardening mode right now?

I would suggest you not make that phone call if you want to obtain a Chase card in the foreseeable future

US Bank Cash+ -- Chase Freedom -- Citi Dividend -- Citi Double Cash -- AMEX BCE -- Discover It
Message 27 of 29
awdsmama
Established Contributor

@drewrico wrote:

Ummm...I meant loophole in THEIR favor not yours. 

Just move on.  You stated earlier this was all because you were worried you could get in trouble.  That's obviously not your intent.  Stop playing games, deal with the denial from the lender and move on.

App Free since 2/2013
Message 28 of 29
drewrico
New Contributor

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.