cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about applying for a third card

tag
crownrho

Question about applying for a third card

I'm a newbie to this forum but last week I decided to apply for my first credit cards in 7 years. Since having quite a few missed payments from my first cc in college, I canceled the card and waited for the "baddies" to fall off. I have been a AU on a MacyAMEX card for 5 years though. 

Last week my scores were 725 EX 725 TU and 710 EQ (all fico) so I applied and got approved for AMEX (4k) and Discover it (8.5K).

I have two inq on each TU and EX, but only one inq on EQ. I have one baddie on all CRs, a $25 collection that I PFD, but hasn't been deleted yet.

I'd like to apply for a Chase card, but I'm scared I'd be denied and waste the HPs. 

Should I wait until the collection is deleted? Should I wait till the other CCs are reporting? Not sure how I should proceed but any help will be appreciated. 

Starting Score: 589 EQ FICO
Current Score: 696 EX FICO,699 TU FICO, 683 TU FICO
Goal Score: 800 across
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Re: Question about applying for a third card

Congratulations! Take baby steps. I know it's hard not to keep pushing forward and gathering more cards but hold where you are. Let your score recover from the HP, use the cards and keep them paid in full. Wait 90 days and apply with Chase. They will like your 8.5K limit and should have no issues with giving you a card as long as your income supports the combined limits. 

Message 2 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum!

Congrats on the cc's and CLI's you achieved thus far! scenery_guy is correct, baby steps. Chase will appreciate your progress.
Message 3 of 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Welcome to the forum!

Congrats on the cc's and CLI's you achieved thus far! scenery_guy is correct, baby steps. Chase will appreciate your progress.

+1 congrats Chase will be after you in about 6 months ...Nice job

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 5
crownrho

Thanks for the help, I had a feeling I should just wait it out... 

Starting Score: 589 EQ FICO
Current Score: 696 EX FICO,699 TU FICO, 683 TU FICO
Goal Score: 800 across
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.