cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about balance and Bank Of America online credit limit increase!

tag
BOSScredit
Regular Contributor

Question about balance and Bank Of America online credit limit increase!

Hey y'all!

So Im thinking I want to increase the credit limit on my bank of america cash rewards card. It's at 1500$ now and I just paid $1300 in full in the past few days (Currently balance reads $500 balance because it is pending). I sent my payment of $500 just now and its proccesing so it still reads a $500 balance. Is this going to affect my chances?

I want to ask for a limit of $4000 (is that too much?). In the four months I've had the card I've spent about $3500 and always paid in full. Should I ask for less? More?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question about balance and Bank Of America online credit limit increase!

@BOSScredit wrote:

Hey y'all!

So Im thinking I want to increase the credit limit on my bank of america cash rewards card. It's at 1500$ now and I just paid $1300 in full in the past few days (Currently balance reads $500 balance because it is pending). I sent my payment of $500 just now and its proccesing so it still reads a $500 balance. Is this going to affect my chances?

I want to ask for a limit of $4000 (is that too much?). In the four months I've had the card I've spent about $3500 and always paid in full. Should I ask for less? More?

You can request for any amount, they will counter - just be prepared for a HP.  Also, for best results, as long as your overall profile is in optimal condition, then your chances for a higher CL amount will be better.

Message 2 of 3
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about balance and Bank Of America online credit limit increase!

@BOSScredit wrote:

Hey y'all!

99% is going to be a HP (especially having the account less than 6 months) If your scores are decent and have overall low utilization i would ask for 5 or even more to make the inquiry worth it. Good luck and let us know the outcome.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.