Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about (-) balance

tag
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

Question about (-) balance

SO, on one of my card I got a negative balance, am i able to ask the credit card company to send me a check? also can i have them make it payable to someone else?

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about (-) balance

@JaeJae12 wrote:

SO, on one of my card I got a negative balance, am i able to ask the credit card company to send me a check? also can i have them make it payable to someone else?

Yes you can ask for a check and no they won't make it payable to someone else

Message 2 of 15
core
Valued Contributor

@JaeJae12 wrote:

also can i have them make it payable to someone else?

Oh boy.  This story I want to hear!  What happened, and why can't you receive a check?

Message 3 of 15
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@JaeJae12 wrote:

Yes you can ask for a check and no they won't make it payable to someone else

+1

If the - balance sits there for a month or two, the ccc is likely to refund it to you without you having to ask.

Message 4 of 15
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

nah i just return a item i brought which i paid my credit card bill alrdy. I just wanted to see if i can have the - balance given to my friend for his birthday lol

Garden mode

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JaeJae12 wrote:

nah i just return a item i brought which i paid my credit card bill alrdy. I just wanted to see if i can have the - balance given to my friend for his birthday lol

In that case, just have them send you a check and then you can cash it and give him the money as a "post birthday present"...

Message 6 of 15
core
Valued Contributor

@JaeJae12 wrote:

I just wanted to see if i can have the - balance given to my friend for his birthday lol

"Happy birthday Joe, here's a $62.78 check from Chase."   Hrmmm, no, that just doesn't do it for me, I don't think.  I mean unless the guy is blacklisted by Chase or something, and then it would be a riot.

But I hear Amex gift cards make mighty fine birthday presents.

Message 7 of 15
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

I get charged a feee though =(

Garden mode

Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

This got me thinking, what would happen if someone with a negative bal took out a cash advance for the same amount.
Message 9 of 15
core
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
This got me thinking, what would happen if someone with a negative bal took out a cash advance for the same amount.

You would end up owing them $15 or whatever the cash advance fee is, almost certainly.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.