cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about cancelling a credit card application that has not completely processed yet

tag
msok
Established Member

Question about cancelling a credit card application that has not completely processed yet

Hi,

I am hoping to get a little bit of advice here...I applied to a store credit card online, Neiman Marcus.  The window that popped up after I filled everything in said that it was under review, still processing.  This was the other day.  I have decided that I don't really need the card, and it was just merely in implusive credit card to get.  I don't believe that they have done a hard pull on my credit as I haven't received any sort of notification of that.  Now that I have decided that I don't want the card, do I need to do anything?  A customer service rep did call just to get additional info (left a message).  I just don't want the card anymore.  Too much temptation Smiley Happy  Thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Dubious
Frequent Contributor

Re: Question about cancelling a credit card application that has not completely processed yet

The hard pull on your credit report happened already. The message that you got is basically because the computer couldn't approve or deny automatically, so your application went to manual review. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.