Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about cap 1 credit steps

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about cap 1 credit steps

Hey!

So I did a luv button CLI beginning of August, my sixth statement isn't until next month

Will I still get a credit steps increase?

Any users with experience in this would love to hear your stories!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about cap 1 credit steps

you'll get your credit steps cli.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey!

So I did a luv button CLI beginning of August, my sixth statement isn't until next month

Will I still get a credit steps increase?

Any users with experience in this would love to hear your stories!

Yup. I started at 1k in december, luv button to $3k then got steps to $3,500.

Message 3 of 11
gibeon
Established Contributor

OP, Out of curiosity, did you have a $500 SL and get a $1000 CLI with the Luv button?

I have a theory going that you get more (usually double) pre-Steps CLI on the steps cards if you wait for the Luv button to work, than you will if you call the EO for an increase.

23 Open Bank Cards / 7 Open Store Cards / TOO many inquires / Mid/High 600's
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gibeon wrote:
Out of curiosity, did you have a $500 SL and get a $1000 CLI with the Luv button?

I have a theory going that you get more (usually double) pre-Steps CLI on the steps cards if you wait for the Luv button to work, than you will if you call the EO for an increase.

that is... if you can even contact EO

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

don't contact the EO for an increase... geez
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gibeon wrote:

OP, Out of curiosity, did you have a $500 SL and get a $1000 CLI with the Luv button?

dunno about it being a theory for sure, but it sounds right with me, was only supposed to get 500 for steps, and after 5th statement cut they added 2k....

Message 7 of 11
rockbttm442
Frequent Contributor

I just completed credit steps had a $300 cl used it heavily. Maxed it several times. Hit the luv button after 5th statement offered $500(would take me to $800) declined it. Waited for the 6th statement to cut credit steps increased my limit to $3300. So I guess I'm glad I didn't accept the offer. Based one everything I've read if I did my limit would be $1300 instead of $3300. 

Cap 1 QS1 - $3300, Kemba CU - $500, Chase Freedom - $500, Sears MC - $751, Sears - $2000, Hot Topic - $1230, Grismer - $1200, Target - $1800, Walmart - $200, Home Depot - $500, Discover IT Chrome - $7000, Chase Sapphire Preferred - $5000
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gibeon wrote:

Yes!  My sl was 500, got 1000 to bring it to 1500

im hoping for an increase to 2k at the least!

good theory Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a journey card about 5 months ago or more and upgraded it to a quicksilver after only 2 months. I had previously had a secured card (closed now by me), so my starting limit with them was $2000. After 2 months I got a CLI via luv button and they doubled my limit to $4000! I will receive my credit steps increase by October. Based on previous post they will probably only give me the minimum $500 increase since I got an early increase but we will see.
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.