Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about chase limit increase?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about chase limit increase?

Just got approved for a CSP this past weekend for a CL of 8k.  I am gonna be traveling soon and  want to put everything on this card, should I call the number on the back mof my CSP card and ask? Also if i ask for 12k, and dont get approved for it will they give a lower increase other than 12k? Thanks.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about chase limit increase?

Would love to know this too. I just got approved also about 2 months ago. Congrats by the way OP Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any other chase cards you have?
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Any other chase cards you have?
@I have a freedom as well @ 5.3k, but I'd prefer to keep that card at that limit lol. My CSP is the highest i have.
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Would love to know this too. I just got approved also about 2 months ago. Congrats by the way OP Smiley Happy

Thanks boo. <3

Message 5 of 16
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

If you bank with them, I would go in and talk to a banker about a cli. Doing it over the phone after you've been approved is a long shot. That's the max exposure they want to give you and they will want to see some usage before giving you a cli. There are some success stories here but not many. I have 3 cards with them and failed 3x. I've also been banking with them since 2000. Still no dice! After 6 months yes. Good luck. 

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Max bonus for freedom is $1500, just saying.

With chase, no one knows, cause policies change based on who Dimon sleeps with. Smiley Happy

Why don't you call and ask? Hopefully, Dimon is in bed with marketing.
Message 7 of 16
selena
Contributor

When I applied they countered the offer from what I wanted and said that I had reached my maximum exposure.

As of March 2016:
Equifax 735
TransUnion 702
Experian 731
Message 8 of 16
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

@selena wrote:

When I applied they countered the offer from what I wanted and said that I had reached my maximum exposure.

So that 8k is your highest limit card? 

Message 9 of 16
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

You know you can go over this credit limit if needed as well correct?  Although by how much isn't known.  Anything over is obviously due when payment is due though.  Chances are pretty slim if you just got the card that you are going to get a CLI right off the bat.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.