cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about citi bank and chase

tag
seemo14

Question about citi bank and chase

In 2002 I had two credit cards from chase and citi bank $6000 on each one of them and I had them both max out, after that I lost my job and I never pay them back and I didn't file BK either. After 7 years both of them were deleted from my CR. my question is: if I apply for these two cards after this many years will I be able to get approved?
Thank you
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
seemo14

Re: Question about citi bank and chase

By the way my fico score is 650 and I have the following credit cards in good standing balance.
Cap one:$2000
Cap one: $1500
Cap one: $750
Walmart: $700
PayPal: $300
Credit one:$ 700
Barclays bank: $1000
Bank of Omaha: $2200
Message 2 of 9
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@seemo14 wrote:
In 2002 I had two credit cards from chase and citi bank $6000 on each one of them and I had them both max out, after that I lost my job and I never pay them back and I didn't file BK either. After 7 years both of them were deleted from my CR. my question is: if I apply for these two cards after this many years will I be able to get approved?
Thank you

First off welcome to the forums!

Secondly these banks do blacklist. Since you did not pay off your debt they would not extend you any credit. 

Thirdly why would you want to wake a sleeping giant. Just because its not on your report doesnt mean they dont have a system on what you did to them. 

Move on and try other banks

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 3 of 9
seemo14

Thank you so much for your reply. You are right and that's what I am gonna do ( move on )
Message 4 of 9
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@seemo14 wrote:
Thank you so much for your reply. You are right and that's what I am gonna do ( move on )

Unless you really want a card from them I would pay them off then apply. But always YMMV.

Your post of your file looks like you are on the right track to recovery. Try a credit union, CU's ususally give bigger credit lines. But I would head to the garden if I were you and let those cards grow. 

IMO let loose of your Credit One because their fees are ridiculous, but dont get me wrong they are great to extend credit when needed. But if you do need them by all means keep it. 

Message 5 of 9
seemo14

I think it won't hurt to keep them but with zero balance, am I right?
Message 6 of 9
seemo14

As far as credit union would you please tell which ones I can apply for with score of 650?
Message 7 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@seemo14 wrote:
Thank you

Citi and Chase are known for blacklisting. Only way to know is to app. More than likely they will straight decline you with no HP if your blacklisted.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 9
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@seemo14 wrote:
As far as credit union would you please tell which ones I can apply for with score of 650?

You can try your local CU, they work the best. 

Just remember scores are not everything now a days. Its what on your report. YMMV.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.