Established Contributor
andre181

Question about converting AMEX Blue to BCP

[ Edited ]

So I got my Amex Blue (just the plain jane version) in April 2011. 

Now when I login online, there is an offer to upgrade to BCP. I'm interested, but I know that others here are not able to upgrade because of the AF and the CARD Act. 

If Amex does let me, will there be a hard pull? And has anybody been able to upgrade within the first 13 months?

Thanks!

Discover IT $25K | FNBO Visa $22K | Citi Forward $14.5K | US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $15K | Priceline/Barclays $10K | Chase Freedom $10.5K | Amazon/Chase Visa Sig $8.3k | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Sallie Mae World MC/Barclays $5K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | Commerce Bank $5K | WF Cash Back Visa $3.6K | Amazon/GEMB $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | AMEX BCE $2K Target $1K | AMEX Green
EX FICO (from AMEX): 754, TU08 FICO (from Discover): 755, AAoA: 3.6 years
Established Contributor
UFGuy2006

Re: Question about converting AMEX Blue to BCP

andre181 wrote:

So I got my Amex Blue (just the plain jane version) in April 2011. 

Now when I login online, there is an offer to upgrade to BCP. I'm interested, but I know that others here are not able to upgrade because of the AF and the CARD Act. 

If Amex does let me, will there be a hard pull? And has anybody been able to upgrade within the first 13 months?

Thanks!

If you are eligible for the PC it will not be a hard pull. I know from experience. Good luck!

FICO: EX: 743 (10/14); TU: 758 (9/14); EQ 721 (9/14)

In My Wallet: Amex X 5 | Barclays X 3 | BOA X 1 | CapOne X 3 | Chase X 3 | Citi X 7 | DCU X 1 | Discover X 1 | Fidelity X 1 | Fifth Third X 1 | Macys X 1 | PenFed X 1 | PSECU X 1 | Sams Club MC X 1 | Target RedCard X 1 | USAA X 2 | US Bank X 1 | Walmart X 1 | Wells Fargo X 1 = 36 Cards

Holding off apps until the end of the year! Wish me luck!
Super Contributor
concorduser

Re: Question about converting AMEX Blue to BCP

Though it shows the card is eligible, it would not let you change the card for 12-13 months. Few of us tried upgrade and it fails to upgrade. You can give it try and let us know if you are able to do it before 12 months.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}