cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about converting a fuel card to a credit card...

Established Contributor

Question about converting a fuel card to a credit card...

I currently have the Sunoco fuel card issued by Citibank. When I was filling up at the gas station I noticed an advert for the Sunoco Mastercard credit card. My questions are:

1. Can I convert the fuel card to the credit card? I'm almost positive I can, but does anyone know for sure?

2. By converting my fuel card to a credit card, will it change it's classification on my credit report? It's my only retail/fuel card so I'd like to know since converting would give me less of a credit mix.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES
Moderator Emerita

Re: Question about converting a fuel card to a credit card...

jaybird201 wrote:

1. Can I convert the fuel card to the credit card? I'm almost positive I can, but does anyone know for sure?
Sorry; don't know this one.

jaybird201 wrote:

2. By converting my fuel card to a credit card, will it change it's classification on my credit report? It's my only retail/fuel card so I'd like to know since converting would give me less of a credit mix.

Thanks.

It will NOT be counted as a gas/retail card for credit mix. The only cards that count for this are the ones that only have the logo of the store or oil company, and not a logo for Visa/ MC/ Discover/ AmEx.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: Question about converting a fuel card to a credit card...

Coolio, thanks HTSU! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 3