New Contributor
drewrico

Question about cosigning

If my parents are going to cosign on a chase card, would we have to do that in a chase branch or would it be possible to do that online.
Valued Contributor
chnceit

Re: Question about cosigning

Online doesnt show a place where a joint applicant can fill in their info. Call Chase and find out if you can do it in branch

$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

chnceit wrote:

Online doesnt show a place where a joint applicant can fill in their info. Call Chase and find out if you can do it in branch

Your mom or dad (Who ever) is willing to hold a joint account would have to apply and get the card, then call and ask Chase to send the form to add someone as "Joint" to the account... the for will come and they will have to sign that they want to add you and you put all your info on the form and send in and then in a couple weeks you will get your card.

HOWEVER... I would suggest just asking to be AU on a couple cards and wait 6 months and then look at applying for something on your own.  Why joint at all?

Fico Scores: EQ- HATE U, TU 671 GE, EX 669 Chase(09-15-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Walmart $400
Over 45 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Valued Contributor
chnceit

Creditaddict wrote:

chnceit wrote:

Your mom or dad (Who ever) is willing to hold a joint account would have to apply and get the card, then call and ask Chase to send the form to add someone as "Joint" to the account... the for will come and they will have to sign that they want to add you and you put all your info on the form and send in and then in a couple weeks you will get your card.

HOWEVER... I would suggest just asking to be AU on a couple cards and wait 6 months and then look at applying for something on your own.  Why joint at all?

Great advice Credditaddict! 

$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13
New Contributor
drewrico

Yea i think i may garden til auguest or september, let some of my inqs lose of their effectiveness and then apply on my own.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+