Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about cosigning

tag
drewrico
New Contributor

Question about cosigning

If my parents are going to cosign on a chase card, would we have to do that in a chase branch or would it be possible to do that online.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about cosigning

Online doesnt show a place where a joint applicant can fill in their info. Call Chase and find out if you can do it in branch

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 2 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@chnceit wrote:

Online doesnt show a place where a joint applicant can fill in their info. Call Chase and find out if you can do it in branch

Your mom or dad (Who ever) is willing to hold a joint account would have to apply and get the card, then call and ask Chase to send the form to add someone as "Joint" to the account... the for will come and they will have to sign that they want to add you and you put all your info on the form and send in and then in a couple weeks you will get your card.

HOWEVER... I would suggest just asking to be AU on a couple cards and wait 6 months and then look at applying for something on your own.  Why joint at all?

Message 3 of 5
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@chnceit wrote:

Your mom or dad (Who ever) is willing to hold a joint account would have to apply and get the card, then call and ask Chase to send the form to add someone as "Joint" to the account... the for will come and they will have to sign that they want to add you and you put all your info on the form and send in and then in a couple weeks you will get your card.

HOWEVER... I would suggest just asking to be AU on a couple cards and wait 6 months and then look at applying for something on your own.  Why joint at all?

Great advice Credditaddict! 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 4 of 5
drewrico
New Contributor

Yea i think i may garden til auguest or september, let some of my inqs lose of their effectiveness and then apply on my own.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.