cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about creditcards.com card match.

tag
forceedge99
Contributor

Question about creditcards.com card match.

If I go through and do this..it is a hard inquiry?
I've noticed when reading through the fine print (after you submit your name and hit next) it explains it will be an inquiry..

Anyone know if it's a soft or hard inquiry?

Thanks.
BCE - 12k
Cap 1 QuickSilver - 1.75k
Citi Dividend - 2.4k
Discover It - 2k
Chase - 800
Your FICO® score at Equifax is 725 (Update: Increased to 751) =]
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Question about creditcards.com card match.

Its a soft pull to see what your offers are. If you apply for one of those cards it will be a hard pull. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 2 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@forceedge99 wrote:
I've noticed when reading through the fine print (after you submit your name and hit next) it explains it will be an inquiry..

Thanks.

It's SP

If you don't get an "EXCLUSIVE" Offer then you are not really getting any offers.

Also now that pretty much each bank has a pre-qual on it's very own site it's rarely better idea to go this way unless it's for the Amex BCP because of the additional bonus cash offer.

chase, citicards, discover, barclay, bofa all have pre-qual tools thar are very accurate.

Message 3 of 4
red259
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@forceedge99 wrote:

Thanks.

It's SP

If you don't get an "EXCLUSIVE" Offer then you are not really getting any offers.

Also now that pretty much each bank has a pre-qual on it's very own site it's rarely better idea to go this way unless it's for the Amex BCP because of the additional bonus cash offer.

chase, citicards, discover, barclay, bofa all have pre-qual tools thar are very accurate.

I just checked the discover site and I am pre-approved for the discover It card. I have other cards I want first so I will stay in the garden. Even though it tells me I am pre-approved it does go on to say that its not guaranteeed that I will be approved if I apply just that my credit profile meets their initial criteria. Also pre approved for american airlines citi card and the basic citi hilton card (I wonder why the reserve did not pop up, is it because I said I was interested in travel over rewards or is it harder to get than the non-AF hilton card?).

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.