cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about deactivation of retail and fuel cards due to inactivity...

tag
jaybird201
Established Contributor

Question about deactivation of retail and fuel cards due to inactivity...

I've got a WFNNB J.Crew, GEMB GAP and Citi Sunoco cards. Anyone have any idea of how often I need to make purchases with them to keep them active, or if I even have to?

With my other credit cards it isn't really a problem, but I don't want to have to go out and buy something at J.Crew every few months if I don't really need it. If you're familiar with them, you know they're not cheap. Gas on the other hand is always needed, so it's less of a problem, I'm more worried about retail cards.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about deactivation of retail and fuel cards due to inactivity...

Well, my BF has a Gap card. He had not used it for over 2 years and they did not close it, but I noticed on his credit reports that they starting chopping his CL by $100 each year of inactivity.
Message 2 of 5
jaybird201
Established Contributor

Oh GEMB. You stingy b****rds.
Message 3 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I have a J.Crew card, and I let it go 6 or 7 months before using it again; no problem. (Other than the you-used-a-sleeping-card one-time score ding.) And I had really stunk the thing up, so they had every reason to close it.

With J.Crew, pay the dang thing off before it reports. They don't seem to want to re-update the balance to $0. Last time, after 3 months of displaying a paid-off balance, I wound up having to dispute to get them to update it. Smiley Tongue

edit to clarify that the balance had been long ago paid off, but they were still showing the $20 or whatever it was.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 09-11-2008 10:20 AM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep!

jaybird201 wrote:
Oh GEMB. You stingy b****rds.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.