Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about defaulted payments on (closed?) account

tag
BLAIX
Contributor

Question about defaulted payments on (closed?) account

As I've written before, I missed a few payments two years ago with CapOne and they closed my account after I realized and paid the balance off. This card is still reporting as open. I called and the CR said that though I cannot access this account, it will still report unless I want him to start reporting it as closed. I'm still really upset with myself that I let this fall through the cracks, and I understand how unlikely (and undue) it is for them to honor any goodwill letters, but I'm starting to send those in the slight hope that someone will feel gracious enough to remove them from my record. I guess my question is should I let this card keep reporting with 0 activity/$0 balance...forever? Do I close it and take a hit to my AAoA? Will it close automatically? I've chosen to keep it open for now because my AAoA is going to drop dramatically since I've opened two new LoC this month (up from one 7years old).

Total Credit: $96,000. Total Utilization: 4%
[[Starting Score (10/2014): EQ: 674 | EX: 680 | TU: 745]] | [[Current Score (02/2020): EQ: 808 | EX: ??? | TU: 778]] | [[Goal Score: 800 Club]]
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.