Frequent Contributor
Imua

Re: Question about discover cash back at register

RyVision wrote:

Leahgrace wrote:
Silly question, but how does this work? Will I have to enter a pin or will it be like a normal transaction where I just sign but don't need a pin? Also, is the 120 max per day, or per billing cycle?? Thanks.

No pin required, you just hit the "yes" button when it asks if you want cash back,  then sign as usual.  The 120 max per day is up to your cash limit I do believe.

that's similar to sam's club cc - hit yes for cash back, then choose the amount.

it counts as a purchase rather than a cash advance

BofA visa $9.4k ... BofA Cash Rewards visa sig $10k ... Cap 1 Venture1 visa sig $10k ...
Chase Freedom visa $10k ... Macy's $1.5k ... Macy's Amex $5k ... Sam's Club $6.3k
myFICOs as of 3/25/14:...EX=809 .... EQ=802....TU=787
Contributor
RonDawg

distantarray wrote:

remember this usually counts as a cash advance and can start charging interest from day 1 with a few cards just make sure before you do it if you care.

In the card member agreement it says this is a benefit and does not count as a cash advance .... I have never had to pay interest on my cash back on my discover.
AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Blogger
HiLine

trumpet-205 wrote:

HiLine wrote:

Interesting ... Do you earn cash back rewards on that? 

You don't.

Thanks for the info!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+