Question about hotel free night redemptions

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Question about hotel free night redemptions

@NRB525 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the replies.  Looks like my 3 month stint in the garden is about to come to an end. Wonder if my g/f gets the card if there is a way to combine reservations for four nights.  I'm greedy.

Just make 2 back to back reservations

And I would suggest calling their reservations line. I used my two free nights at the Grand Hyatt Washington, two weekends ago. Tried to get three nights booked on-line. I was not able to get the three nights available, it kept running into some sort of sequencing problem beyond two nights, so I called reservations. The CSR did some juggling of nights to make sure I paid for the least expensive night, got all three in the booking, using the two free nights, same room of course. Reserved it on the Hyatt card of course, and on the night of check in, a $550 some authorization notice came across my Chase mobile app for the stay.

I had signed up for some sort of 3,000 point booking promotion a while ago, so I have earned 1,100 points for the paid night, 3,000 points for the bonus offer. These already posted to my Hyatt loyalty account.

But the thing is, when I checked out, the desk clerk said "I see you are using your free nights". I had not charged anything to the room, had not eaten in the hotel restaurant, so he didn't offer to print a receipt, and I did not think to ask.

As of now, nearly two weeks later, there is still no charge on my Chase Hyatt account for the paid room. I'm waiting for it to show up, but until then.... Winning! Smiley Happy

My charges from the essex house in NYC (granted they were all just incidental charges, but still) took something like 2 weeks to show up on my credit card. I was getting hopeful. 

The FDC might have misread the booking and seen "Free nights" and just never charged you, but it will most likely come back at some point, most likely when they go through month end for september, which may not be until mid to late october (or later depending on the efficiency of their accounting dept). lol. 

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about hotel free night redemptions

IIRC the Hyatt stay will show online on the Hyatt end fairly quickly and offer for you to print a receipt. I could be wrong. I'd think that'd be the same using your free nights (haven't used mine yet) because you'd see your awards going away. Of course nothing on the Chase end until the statement. 

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.