cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about increasing Chase Slate Credit limit..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about increasing Chase Slate Credit limit..

My wife applied for Slate about 18 months ago, and was approved with $1,700 CL. At the time her FICO was 710 (not sure which bureu chase pulled).

She just applied for Chase Freedom yesterday, and was approved instantly for $17,000, with current FICO of 795 and income of 120K.

Unfortunately, Chase doesn't offer online requests for CLI, so she didn't want to take the time and call the number to request CLI for Slate, but I wander if they would giver her without a HP/?

OP,

Welcome to the forum.  I started a new thread for better exposure.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Dalanar
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Slate Credit limit..

Congratz on your wife's accomplishment.  I hear that Chase treats you well on your next approval after the first time, but that is absurdly amazing!

I got an auto CLI from them after about two months I believe, which of course was an SP.

Experian: 729 Equifax: 740 Transunion: 732
Capital One Mastercard: $0.4K, Capital One Quicksilver: $5K, Chase Southwest Premier: $7.5K, Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $24.9K, Discover It: $9.4K, Chase Sapphire Preferred: $16.9K, Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve: $7.7K, Arrival+ BarclayCard MC WE: $7.5K
Message 2 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Slate Credit limit..

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Message 3 of 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question about increasing Chase Slate Credit limit..

Chase isn't generous with auto or soft pull CLI. You're better off applying for a new card or moving some of that limit from Freedom.
Message 4 of 11
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

I think all customer initiate Chase CLI 's are HP.   You can move some of your Freedom limit to the Slate. 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

We finally called them and they did a HP. However, they increased the CL from $1700 to $$800.

I was glad to see that increase, as Slate has the BEST Balance Transfer Option (18m 0% interest and only 2% fee)

Message 6 of 11
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

We finally called them and they did a HP. However, they increased the CL from $1700 to $$800.

I was glad to see that increase, as Slate has the BEST Balance Transfer Option (18m 0% interest and only 2% fee)

OP, I love that you just updated us on a CLI increase a year and a half later Smiley Very Happy

Come around more and hang out with us! 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Inquiring minds want to know what the second dollar sign is for! 

Congrats. Actually, I was just trying to research what kind of offers people get on their Slate cards down the line. I had a $3500 SL on mine and a zero balance. I moved some CL from other Chase cards to use the Slate for a BT with a decent util. I couldn't see what the term and fee was until I was nearly done with the process and it was 6 months and I don't remember the fee for sure but I think it was 3%. Horrible, but I'd already moved the CL so I was sort of committed. You had me thinking maybe I had my years wrong and it was up 4/17, but I just checked my statement and it is indeed 4/16. 

Can you see offers without putting in another CC? 

Had you paid down your initial 15 month BT to zero? 

Any other info you think would be helpful, I'd appreciate. 

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry,
That was supposed to be $8,000 not $$800 Smiley Happy
Initial BT was paid down to $300.
She always had this offer, as we kept receiving the checks in the mail for 0% interest for 18months w/ 2% fee.
However, since the available limit was only $1400, I never took advantage of it. So I called and told them that I want to transfer a larger balance and they did a hard pull, gave me 7-10 message and increased the limit to $8000.
She does have great credit with all scores 770+, total CL ~ $95,000 and total utilization about 12%.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sure will! Smiley Happy
I haven't been to the forums for a while, but I'm on a mission now, so I will be back more often!
I transferred my $25K to my wife's cards with all 0% for 18m and 2%-3% fees.
The goal is now to bring my total CL from $54K to $100K+!
My cards are finally showing 0 balance, and I will start apping as soon as the reports show my utilization <2%!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.