Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about introductory promo periods

tag
Scott90
Contributor

Question about introductory promo periods

Straight to the point...

I got a chase slate card recently and balance transferred some money to it to take advantage of 0%.

My question is, do I also still get to take advantage of the 0% on purchases during the intro. promo rate or is it one or the other and in this case I chose the BT option.

I'd hate to make a purchase and somehow cancel out the 0% period on the balance that I transferred.

Thanks guys!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about introductory promo periods

@Scott90 wrote:
Straight to the point...

I got a chase slate card recently and balance transferred some money to it to take advantage of 0%.

My question is, do I also still get to take advantage of the 0% on purchases during the intro. promo rate or is it one or the other and in this case I chose the BT option.

I'd hate to make a purchase and somehow cancel out the 0% period on the balance that I transferred.

Thanks guys!

YES! You can most definitely take advantage of the 0% APR on purchases Scott90. Also, you might want to take some time to review the documents that comes with the card. It will have some useful information on it. Also, just to let you know, the Slate doesn't give you any cashback on purchases, not trying to tell you not to use it, but in my opinion, it's a pointless card for anything other than a balance transfer. Try looking to the Freedom card for purchases. Call in and ask if they can use the same pull to app for the freedon card.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 2 of 6
Scott90
Contributor

Yeah it's unfortunate about the 0 rewards but I am getting married in 3 months so 0% is worth more to me than the rewards right now.

I want a couple more people to chime in on this because the reason I asked is with my BOA card this did not work in the past. I was charged interest and they told me it was one or the other. This was also a year and half ago.
Message 3 of 6
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

@Scott90 wrote:
Yeah it's unfortunate about the 0 rewards but I am getting married in 3 months so 0% is worth more to me than the rewards right now.

I want a couple more people to chime in on this because the reason I asked is with my BOA card this did not work in the past. I was charged interest and they told me it was one or the other. This was also a year and half ago.

I see. It certainly worked for me. I transferred $500 from my amazon store card to my Slate and made a couple of purchases at Shoprite a month or 2 later and was never charged interest. I had to use my Slate because it's the only card i had locked in my glove compartment while my wallet was at home.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 4 of 6
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Your fine on your intro APR. They wont cancel the APR if you make a purchase. As for the freedom card with the same HP, Chase most likely wont do it. They will want to pull you again Smiley Sad

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 5 of 6
chrisw1968uk
Frequent Contributor

Definitely correct - 0% for BT and purchases. I got mine last month and combined CL's from another Chase card that I had - I now get 0% on the ENTIRE new CL - I am like you, 0% means more to me than rewards, at least for the moment Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.