Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about kay jewelers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about kay jewelers

I applied for a kay card and was declined for credit based on too many inquires.  Also utilization on credit too high. I told the rep that is because its christmas time.  Also, I did a re-fi and bought a car through a dealership in July and August of this year.  I know in both cases there were many inquiries initiatied by the dealership and real estate broker.  I tired to explain this to the rep ( who couldn't do anything).  Is there a certain number of inquiries that cause declines automatically.  This year I have gotten a wallmart card, target card and macys card.  500.00 limits. I already had a wamu card and cap one card.  No lates.  Transunion score in Dec is 645.  The others should be similar.  Any suggestions?  Also, since chase bought wamu, they don't want to do any cli at all.  Any backdoor number for kay that could help, I wanted to purchase a gift from a jewelry store, maybe its not to be.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about kay jewelers

I think i would hold off applying for 6months at least.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.