Not me.
Message 21 of 29
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question about my Cap 1 card

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

I appreciate the comments.

If I did PC I'd never use it for anything else than a monthly autopay so why the hassle?

My other cards give me all I am interested in and I'm no longer concerned with CL's.

My credit life is very good.

It actually isn't a hassle at all.   When I PCed my Platinum Cap One to a QS1, my account number stayed the same.  I got a new piece of plastic, possible a new exp date, but nothing else changed.

As for the original question, I consider their base Platinum a rebuilder, simply because that was what mine was.   Mine used to be a Household Bank rebuilder with a $300 CL.   

Unless I can do it telepathically then yes it is a hassle for me.  LOL

Again though I much appreciate the feedback.

LOL!  I hear you!   "Let sleeping dogs lie," it seems...no sense in creating a new hassle if it won't be worth it for you.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 22 of 29
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Your in a unique position... Me.. Id be peeved about the 20$ every year.... That adds up... Your fico is amazing.. but it would annoy me to no end shelling out 20$ extra a year if I didnt have to.. But theres very few people who are "at peace" with their credit... And I have to give you props for that... Esp since I didnt mention it in my previous post... 

Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

You know what they say "Your comfort zone is your failure zone". The truth is if you can earn more rewards and save money by changing than you should change even if it takes effort. Otherwise why even post this?

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm also a very loyal Cap1 customer like Marine, but taking the question one step further, is Cap1 even considered a prime lender? Even though a card like the Venture could be considered "prime", it seems like Cap1 mostly caters to the subprime and sub-700 FICO crowd.

For the record, I also don't make any inferences about people based on what credit cards they carry (unless it's something ridiculous like a Centurion). I'm not sure at what point cards like the CSP started to become a reflection of ones' financial status since people with incredibly low incomes can easily get it with a good score. And moreover even with a horrible score and living out of a refrigerator box, you can get any card as as AU. Cards have become some weird extension of cars, which were never any kind of reliable indication of ones wealth to begin with. If I were super-rich and famous, I'd probably get a Merrick card and make it my everyday just to see if I could get others to follow suit.

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If I were super-rich and famous, I'd probably get a Merrick card and make it my everyday just to see if I could get others to follow suit.

If you were super rich and famouse, you can actually afford to flash credit one or first premier cards Smiley LOL

Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If I were super-rich and famous, I'd probably get a Merrick card and make it my everyday just to see if I could get others to follow suit.

If you were super rich and famouse, you can actually afford to flash credit one or first premier cards Smiley LOL

LOL!!!

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Whoa, whoa! Let's not get carried away now. Smiley Happy  I imagine using a First Premier in public would be how a bad TMZ rumor starts.

(No offense to anyone with a First Premier. I had one too, and they were always nice to me.)

Message 28 of 29
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

You know what they say "Your comfort zone is your failure zone". The truth is if you can earn more rewards and save money by changing than you should change even if it takes effort. Otherwise why even post this?

I appreciate your comments but I don't think saving 5 cents a day is worth worrying about and I have enough reward cards.

We all have to choose which battles to fight and I'm not going to try and squeeze every possible penny out of every card I have. I have better things to do. Like enjoying retirement.

Admittedly I probably would have had a different opinion 20 or 30 years ago.  Smiley Happy

As I said I am at peace with my credit situation (and with life in general). I hope all of us can say that someday.

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.