cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about my secured orchard card?

tag
luvsandyshores
Regular Contributor

Re: Question about my secured orchard card?

I got the same letter in the mail yesterday.. The thing is, I closed the card over 6 weeks ago, and they still haven't sent me my security back.  First CS rep said, "ok, everything is taken care of, the account is closed and you'll get your money back in 30-45 days."  Then I got a letter saying I had to call Panhandle bank to get my deposit back.  Panhandle bank said "we never had your account, can't help you."  So waited the 30+ days, then called Cap1 and never got through to a person, so I called the 800 number on the statement from HSBC and was told that since it was a collateral account, I had to go to a branch in person to close the account.  (well I'm nowhere near an HSBC branch!)  Then I tried the Cap1 number again and got through, and was told "oh yeah, the account was closed and a check is being processed.  You should get it in 30-45 days."  I asked if he meant ANOTHER 30-45 days but he could only tell me that the check was being processed.  So that was last week...now yesterday Cap1 unsecures the card?

I'll give them another week or so...

CH13 confirmed 1/2016
Message 11 of 12
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about my secured orchard card?

@luvsandyshores wrote:

I got the same letter in the mail yesterday.. The thing is, I closed the card over 6 weeks ago, and they still haven't sent me my security back.  First CS rep said, "ok, everything is taken care of, the account is closed and you'll get your money back in 30-45 days."  Then I got a letter saying I had to call Panhandle bank to get my deposit back.  Panhandle bank said "we never had your account, can't help you."  So waited the 30+ days, then called Cap1 and never got through to a person, so I called the 800 number on the statement from HSBC and was told that since it was a collateral account, I had to go to a branch in person to close the account.  (well I'm nowhere near an HSBC branch!)  Then I tried the Cap1 number again and got through, and was told "oh yeah, the account was closed and a check is being processed.  You should get it in 30-45 days."  I asked if he meant ANOTHER 30-45 days but he could only tell me that the check was being processed.  So that was last week...now yesterday Cap1 unsecures the card?

I'll give them another week or so...

I bet the Exec office could sort this out in 48 hours or so.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.