Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about new accounts

tag
Cwaxler2008
Established Member

Question about new accounts

I recently applied and was approved for $ 14000 in new credit and am wondering once this reflects on my reports, will I get a credit score boost or drop? I am really struggling with equifax and need some advice! Thanks ahead of time!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Question about new accounts

@Cwaxler2008 wrote:

I recently applied and was approved for $ 14000 in new credit and am wondering once this reflects on my reports, will I get a credit score boost or drop? I am really struggling with equifax and need some advice! Thanks ahead of time!

Need more info.

On your myFICO EQ report, what are your negatives, in order? (screen 2, on the left) What is your reported util?

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 8
Cwaxler2008
Established Member

My utilization is @ 89% and I have a few accounts that were settled for less than owed in 2008. Before these new accounts my highest limit was my Cap One @ 750.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You got 11k NFCU with the scores listed in your sig?
Message 4 of 8
Cwaxler2008
Established Member

Yes, they pulled TU, I have EQ and EX frozen as i dispute the inaccuracies! I think my income really helped too.

Message 5 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

OK, well, you've almost doubled your CL, so your util should be down more in the 50% range (I didn't crunch the numbers.) So that ought to help.

Getting back to my earlier post, looking at the EQ score report from myFICO, what are the negatives, in order, on screen two? That's important to know, because the impact of the new higher total CL will vary according to where high util was ranked in your negatives.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 8
boomhower
Valued Contributor

I'm betting the UT drop will outweigh the new account but everyones file is different and we're just guessing.  You really won't know until it reports but the UT drop is pretty drastic.

Message 7 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

I'm betting the UT drop will outweigh the new account but everyones file is different and we're just guessing.  You really won't know until it reports but the UT drop is pretty drastic.

+1

39% drop in util. should outweigh the new account ding and gain some FICO points.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.