Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about over the limit

tag
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Question about over the limit

Lol oh they know alright. It's easy to know if you went over though. Just add up the pending transactions and add those to your current balance. If it's > 1,100, then yes you're over your limit, however it seems cap1 allowed it. They know. So just bring it down to under your limit and you should be fine.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why don't you just call customer service?

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OmarGB9 wrote:
Lol oh they know alright. It's easy to know if you went over though. Just add up the pending transactions and add those to your current balance. If it's > 1,100, then yes you're over your limit, however it seems cap1 allowed it. They know. So just bring it down to under your limit and you should be fine.

Yeah after adding the pending to my balance I'm over by $21. After tonight it will be back to normal then PIF or close to it next week. Really hoping this doesnt affect me getting another card with them or a CLI in the future. I'm new to this whole credit card thing (doing it the "right") way that is.

Message 13 of 14
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@OmarGB9 wrote:
Lol oh they know alright. It's easy to know if you went over though. Just add up the pending transactions and add those to your current balance. If it's > 1,100, then yes you're over your limit, however itseemscap1 allowed it. They know. So just bring it down to under your limit and you should be fine.

Yeah after adding the pending to my balance I'm over by $21. After tonight it will be back to normal then PIF or close to it next week. Really hoping this doesnt affect me getting another card with them or a CLI in the future. I'm new to this whole credit card thing (doing it the "right") way that is.

Relax, you're fine.  Smiley Wink

While technically Capital One "sees all" with their own accounts, I doubt they'll be too concerned about your situation, and if anything it will lead to you getting a nice CLI.  My own Capital One cards seemed 'stunted' until I started maxing it out and paying it in full multiple times per month. 

If it's an over-the-limit fee you're concerned about, if your account has one (many don't) it won't apply until your pending transactions post.  So even if your account terms do allow for a fee, as long as you promptly make a payment - like you mentioned you have - your payment should post before the transactions do and you're ledger balance won't ever 'technically' be over your credit line, so you'll have no fee.  I stress this is only a concern if your account has a 'over-the-limit' fee, which many now don't.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.