Established Member
dimitrip

Question about paying GE cards from my bank

I prefer to use my banks bill pay to send payments. My bank does not recognize walmart or dillards in there add payee section, however they have gecrb. If I use that option with the account number would that be ok?

Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Question about paying GE cards from my bank

dimitrip wrote:

I prefer to use my banks bill pay to send payments. My bank does not recognize walmart or dillards in there add payee section, however they have gecrb. If I use that option with the account number would that be ok?

I suggest you enter it in manually to exactly how it shows on your statement mail in for payments.

I think you would be okay with the GECRB because that is the new name but why risk it...

Fico Scores: EQ- 682 DCU, TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 NASA(10-6-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
63 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Valued Contributor
RockinRay

Creditaddict wrote:

dimitrip wrote:

I suggest you enter it in manually to exactly how it shows on your statement mail in for payments.

I think you would be okay with the GECRB because that is the new name but why risk it...

+ 1 - for sure.

I bank with USAA and use bill pay with them. For Walmart, I had to enter Wal-Mart, then it was fine... I do not have a Dillards card - sorry.

Try Wal-Mart. Otherwise as CA says above, put the information in manually.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **

Established Member
dimitrip

thanks, didnt want to start off on the wrong foot with them.

Valued Contributor
maiden_girl

If you use your bank Bill Pay and if it doesn't automatically appear...you just have to enter the statement info exactly as it appears along with your account number and you should be fine!! I had to do this with my GE accounts. I bank with chase. I have 4 GE accounts and when I would enter the info for a different account, the bill pay system would get confused and think you were trying to overwrite one of your accounts already listed.

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 764 (EQ) 732 (EX) 757 (TU) 9/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Mastercard (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}