Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about paying GE cards from my bank

tag
dimitrip
Established Member

Question about paying GE cards from my bank

I prefer to use my banks bill pay to send payments. My bank does not recognize walmart or dillards in there add payee section, however they have gecrb. If I use that option with the account number would that be ok?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Question about paying GE cards from my bank

@dimitrip wrote:

I prefer to use my banks bill pay to send payments. My bank does not recognize walmart or dillards in there add payee section, however they have gecrb. If I use that option with the account number would that be ok?

I suggest you enter it in manually to exactly how it shows on your statement mail in for payments.

I think you would be okay with the GECRB because that is the new name but why risk it...

Message 2 of 5
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@dimitrip wrote:

I suggest you enter it in manually to exactly how it shows on your statement mail in for payments.

I think you would be okay with the GECRB because that is the new name but why risk it...

+ 1 - for sure.

I bank with USAA and use bill pay with them. For Walmart, I had to enter Wal-Mart, then it was fine... I do not have a Dillards card - sorry.

Try Wal-Mart. Otherwise as CA says above, put the information in manually.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 3 of 5
dimitrip
Established Member

thanks, didnt want to start off on the wrong foot with them.

Message 4 of 5
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

If you use your bank Bill Pay and if it doesn't automatically appear...you just have to enter the statement info exactly as it appears along with your account number and you should be fine!! I had to do this with my GE accounts. I bank with chase. I have 4 GE accounts and when I would enter the info for a different account, the bill pay system would get confused and think you were trying to overwrite one of your accounts already listed.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.