cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about paying balance at promotion expiration date vs at the end of billing cycle

tag
iamrayl
Regular Contributor

Question about paying balance at promotion expiration date vs at the end of billing cycle

I have a question regarding paying off a promotion balance by the promotion expiration date vs paying it at the end of the billing cycle.  Consider the following scenario:

Promotional Balance: $xxx.00

Promotion Expiration Date: 5/21/11

Total balance: <same as promotional balance>

Billing cycle ends: 6/10/11

Would I incur any interest charges if the balance was paid off on 6/10/11 and not on 5/21/11 (the promotion expiration date)?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about paying balance at promotion expiration date vs at the end of billing cycle

@iamrayl wrote:

I have a question regarding paying off a promotion balance by the promotion expiration date vs paying it at the end of the billing cycle.  Consider the following scenario:

Promotional Balance: $xxx.00

Promotion Expiration Date: 5/21/11

Total balance: <same as promotional balance>

Billing cycle ends: 6/10/11

Would I incur any interest charges if the balance was paid off on 6/10/11 and not on 5/21/11 (the promotion expiration date)?

With my understood,   You should PIF the FULL BALANCE prior to the Promo Expiration Date ... Not on the same date!!   Then you will avoid the interest between 05/21/11 ~ 06/10/11.

I would like to suggest you to contact your ccc for verification.

Message 2 of 3
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Question about paying balance at promotion expiration date vs at the end of billing cycle

my understanding is that you must pay BEFORE the promo expiration date.  the end of your billing cycle is irrelevant.  otherwise it would say pay by the end of your billing cycle.  that's how i treat my promos.  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.