Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about paying chase freedom

tag
percy81
Frequent Contributor

Question about paying chase freedom

Hello, my Chase Freedom cards closing date is on the 10th and I want to pay the balance in full before then, but yesterday I took advantage of the gas rewards and filled both my hubbys car and mine forggetting that the closing date is near. So now I have  pending charges waiting and you're only allowed to make a payment every 3 days!! Do you think the pending charges will post by tomorrow? and if yes, and I pay in full tomorrow will that payment post in time for the statement to cut on the 10th??

I already let my Discover report a balance because i'm taking advantage of the 0% APR, but chase is my go to card and I want it to report 0

ANY HELP will be very much appreciated. Smiley Happy

Current: TU 772 EQ 765 EX 760 (GE credit pull)
Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: American Express Blue Cash Preferred 34,000/ Citi Simplicity 16,600 / Discover IT 16,500/ Chase freedom 4,800/ Care credit 20,000/ R us MasterCard 7,500/ kohls 2,500/ LensCrafters 2,400 / Citi Double Cash 13,200/ Amazon Visa 7,000
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
boomersooner02000
Valued Member

Re: Question about paying chase freedom

Push the payment from your bank account, but with today being Friday I would say its to late
Message 2 of 11
enharu
Super Contributor

if u make payment at a branch before 5PM EST, it should post by 9th at 12am.

or if you make the payment online using your Chase checkings/savings before 5pm EST, it will post on the 9th at 12am as well.

If you're using other banks, it will take a few days. Chase do not update their systems on weekends.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 11
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Usually you can pay a certain amount above your balance. If the pending charges are less than 10% of your full balance, you can PIF those too if Chase allows to make a payment that is 110% of your balance. Capital One allows this but not sure about Chase because I haven't made my first payment yet since my card is new.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 4 of 11
percy81
Frequent Contributor

I tried to do that, I went on my chase checking to force payment and it will only allow me to pay the posted balance. They don't do payments on saturdays and my statement cuts on sunday....I wonder if i'll still have til 5 p.m on sunday to pay the pending purchases? Do they cut statements first thing in the morning? or wait til like 5 p.m to give people a chance to pay off? 

Learning a lot here.

Goal 800+
WHAT'S IN MY WALLET: American Express Blue Cash Preferred 34,000/ Citi Simplicity 16,600 / Discover IT 16,500/ Chase freedom 4,800/ Care credit 20,000/ R us MasterCard 7,500/ kohls 2,500/ LensCrafters 2,400 / Citi Double Cash 13,200/ Amazon Visa 7,000
Message 5 of 11
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Not sure how it'll affect things, but the charges are unlikely to post before Sunday either in that instance.

I wouldn't worry about it overly much, we're talking short-term ding if any.  If you're in the mortgage process and it does affect things, can always rapid rescore it worst case. 

        
Message 6 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@ percy81 wrote:
‎03-08-2013 06:28 AM

I tried to do that, I went on my chase checking to force payment and it will only allow me to pay the posted balance. They don't do payments on saturdays and my statement cuts on sunday....I wonder if i'll still have til 5 p.m on sunday to pay the pending purchases? Do they cut statements first thing in the morning? or wait til like 5 p.m to give people a chance to pay off?

Learning a lot here.

Chase takes payments on Saturdays if you walk it into the branch.
Message 7 of 11
percy81
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
@ percy81 wrote:
‎03-08-2013 06:28 AM

Learning a lot here.

Chase takes payments on Saturdays if you walk it into the branch.

Thanks, I may do that!

Goal 800+
Message 8 of 11
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

You can actually call them and make a payment by phone on a Saturday.  I did this a couple of weeks ago and the payment posted that same day.  My statement was going to cut the next day (Sunday) and I wanted to have a zero balance.  The other issue I had was that I had made an online payment the day before (Friday).  My son had used the card on Thursday for a small charge (less than $10) and it finally posted on Saturday, even though I was thinking it would still be pending until Monday.  Anyway, Chase only lets you make a payment from the same bank account every 3 days.  So in order to make that Saturday payment, I had to pay using a different bank account (this is what the CSR told me when I called).  I had two different bank accounts set up to pay from, so it wasn't a problem.

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 9 of 11
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

I doubt that the charge will even post by tomorrow, so I do not think that the pending charges will be included in your statement.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.