Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about product changes

tag
MegaZX30
Valued Member

Question about product changes

So, in one of my older topics I had stated I may cancel my Orchard Card at year end if I couldn't get the fee waivered or reduced to possibly a more 'acceptable' fee. But I was reading around and something that had not crossed my mind before product change.

I'm also keeping in mind by the end of the year my card along with other user's Orchard Bank cards will be fully converted into some kind of Capital One Card.

I am not really sure how product change works... I grasp the concept I would have to either email the company or call in but beyond that I don't know much.

Can you just request which card you are interested in and they check your eligibility to switch. Or do they make the offer what your eligiable for?

When it comes to product change if your eligable at all do they do a hard pull, I wouldn't have much problem with that but I am curious?

I can't think of anything else but the more details that anyone can share about product changes the better lol.

Discover IT: $2,650 -- Capital One Platinum $1K -- Cap One QuickSilver $3K -- Chase Freedom $3K
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about product changes

I've always had to call in to do a product change. There shouldn't be a new hard pull. 

Sometimes there are restrictions on cards that mean you can't do a product change (like changing an airline card to another branded card.) Usually there's no problem asking to downgrade from an annual fee card to the free version of the cards; that's the most common product change. Generally, you'd ask to convert this card to a 'whatever' card. 

No experience with Orchard here though. 

The biggest downside is that you almost always don't get the sign-up bonsus if you do a product change. The big current exception that I know of is that Amex gives the sign up bonus for the Hilton Surpass card if you upgrade from the existing no-AF Hilton card. 

Message 2 of 4
MegaZX30
Valued Member

I see, sorry just want to be sure wether that was a typo or not but by 'anual free card' to the free version card, do you mean anual fee card to a card with no fee's?

In my opinion lol, wouldn't make much sense to go from a card with no fee's to a card with fees if it's the same exact card aside from that.

Do you know about Capital One though? If the timeline on hellocapitalone.com is correct somewhere between this summer and fall, my Orchard bank card will officially be a full Capital One Branded Card. How are there policies with Product Changes.

Discover IT: $2,650 -- Capital One Platinum $1K -- Cap One QuickSilver $3K -- Chase Freedom $3K
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MegaZX30 wrote:

I see, sorry just want to be sure wether that was a typo or not but by 'anual free card' to the free version card, do you mean anual fee card to a card with no fee's?

In my opinion lol, wouldn't make much sense to go from a card with no fee's to a card with fees if it's the same exact card aside from that.

Do you know about Capital One though? If the timeline on hellocapitalone.com is correct somewhere between this summer and fall, my Orchard bank card will officially be a full Capital One Branded Card. How are there policies with Product Changes.

No, the example I gave was going from an no-fee card to an fee card, and getting the sign-up bonus. The fee card does come with extra benefits, so it's an example of being a fee card because it's a card for people with bad credit. Probably not worth it in most cases, but it's just the only example I know of where a product change gets the signup bonus (probably worth $400 or so.) 

No idea on Capital one. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.