Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about recent credit application

tag
Nolan34
Contributor

Question about recent credit application

I recently applied for a GE Capital card for a local retailer to get some flooring done. I was declined but the salesman said there is another bank they go through. So while in the store he asked me my information and i didnt sign the application. After saying he was going to submit to Wells Fargo, he submitted to GE Capital again with the same results. DO i have any chance challening this inquiry with the Trans Union due to the error by the salesman and not signing it?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Question about recent credit application

@mdieter1982 wrote:

I recently applied for a GE Capital card for a local retailer to get some flooring done. I was declined but the salesman said there is another bank they go through. So while in the store he asked me my information and i didnt sign the application. After saying he was going to submit to Wells Fargo, he submitted to GE Capital again with the same results. DO i have any chance challening this inquiry with the Trans Union due to the error by the salesman and not signing it?

Thanks

You can, and I think your chances should be good.

The easiest way is to have the salesman call GE and explain about the error, and then have GE remove the inquiry themselves.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 4
Nolan34
Contributor

I wonder that because I told him I already applied to GE and then just went ahead and did it.

Is it best to start with GE or Trans Union?

Message 3 of 4
enharu
Super Contributor

it's recommended you try to have GE clear this up first.

If GE is unwilling / unable to do so, then contact Transunion.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.