Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about recon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about recon

When you call to ask for recon, when should you do it, and what do you ask them?  How do you approach it?  My fiance applied for a Discover online based on a preapproval and got the 7-10 days, she called the CS number listed on the site and they said denial and that she would get a letter in the mail stating why.  Can we recon and how??
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Takunda1
Established Contributor

Re: Question about recon

Drachen wrote:
When you call to ask for recon, when should you do it, and what do you ask them?  How do you approach it?  My fiance applied for a Discover online based on a preapproval and got the 7-10 days, she called the CS number listed on the site and they said denial and that she would get a letter in the mail stating why.  Can we recon and how??

When Iwas declined by CITI, I waited for the letter. It gives specifics on why the app was rejected. I then wrote a letter back to the addrtess on the letter requesting a manual review and also explained what ever it is they denied me for. I also included a copy of my current Credit report. 10days later I got an email saying I was approved. I received my card today in the mail. Hope that helps.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.