Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about soft pulls

tag
pt2005
Regular Contributor

Question about soft pulls

Hi all,

I've been reading on this forum and learning that people know about soft inquiries besides the hard ones.

Could someone please explain how you learn about your softs? Is it in a CR, or is it part of some credit tracking/monitor service (names please)

Thanks

FICO Scores 8: EX 731, EQ 731, TU 725

Credit Cards: Chase Freedom 9.5K | AMEX TrueEarnings 4.5K | Cap1 Venture Visa 3.5K | Cap1 QS MC 3.5K | Discover IT 1K | Cap1 Spark Cash 15K | AMEX SimplyCash 9K

Store: PayPal SmartConnect 10K | JCP 5.2K | Banana 3.3K | Walmart 4.5K | Kohls 1.5K | TargetRED 200
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Question about soft pulls

Annualcreditreport.com

Not certain they are available anywhere else. Would be happy to be proved wrong on that Smiley Happy

        
Message 2 of 6
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

If you go directly to TU, EX or EQ web sites, the report a consumer purchases will show all of the soft pulls the last two years. They also often tell when a baddie will turn positive or drop off as well.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 3 of 6
sgs10
Regular Contributor

Check your credit report and you can see it in inquiries section, its referred by the following terms

1. Experian - "Inquiries Shared Only With You"

2. Equifax - "Inquiries that do not impact your credit rating"

3. Transunion - "Promotional Inquiries"

Message 4 of 6
pt2005
Regular Contributor

@sgs10 wrote:

Check your credit report and you can see it in inquiries section, its referred by the following terms

1. Experian - "Inquiries Shared Only With You"

2. Equifax - "Inquiries that do not impact your credit rating"

3. Transunion - "Promotional Inquiries"

Thanks sgs10.

I recently purchased myFICO TU and EQ reports, but I did not see the soft inquiries in those. I also checked the free FAKO accounts that I have such as CreditKarma, CreditSesame, Quizzle, and I did not see in those either. I guess the "credit report" you referred to are those from AnnualCreditReport website?

FICO Scores 8: EX 731, EQ 731, TU 725

Credit Cards: Chase Freedom 9.5K | AMEX TrueEarnings 4.5K | Cap1 Venture Visa 3.5K | Cap1 QS MC 3.5K | Discover IT 1K | Cap1 Spark Cash 15K | AMEX SimplyCash 9K

Store: PayPal SmartConnect 10K | JCP 5.2K | Banana 3.3K | Walmart 4.5K | Kohls 1.5K | TargetRED 200
Message 5 of 6
sgs10
Regular Contributor

I purchased these reports from the respective credit reports site.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.