Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about the Ann Taylor card and Comenity

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about the Ann Taylor card and Comenity

So I was pre approved through the SCT for an Ann Talor card and havent accepted but Im toying with the idea.I do have a VS and a Maurices card that is used very sparingly.I apped for Maurices in store and of course it was a HP.VS was done through the SCT and there was none,only a softee.I called Comenity Bank up today and asked the gentleman about that and he told me that he hadnt ever had anyone ask if accepting a preapproval would be a hard or soft pull.After a brief moment on hold he did confiem it would be a hard inquiry.Has anyone had this experience with that particular card accepting through a preapproval? Thanks!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about the Ann Taylor card and Comenity

Of the four Comenity cards I have, all have been SP from the SCT. The only time I got a HP was for JCrew and that was at the store. 

I think the only time it'll be a HP is if it's a SCT for the Visa/MC branded Comenity cards like the Sportsman Guide Visa. 

Hope that helps! 

Message 2 of 7
ddemari
Super Contributor

Op- pop up for Ann Taylor store card is a soft pull. Just like VS. if u apply in store, hard pull unless they prequalified u at the register. Still the easiest solution is take the pop up online if you want it. So many CSRs have no idea what you are talking about soft or hard .
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wondered considering they have a Mastercard version if it would go through the two cards and thus possibly be a HP.I know I actually apped for a Banana Republic (no SCT) and that is what happened.At least Comenity does do a pop up preapproval and you have a clue lol

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an FYI and a reference for anyone interested. Just  Received my SPG via the SCT and only got a soft pull. 2K starting line NO HP.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So I was pre approved through the SCT for an Ann Talor card and havent accepted but Im toying with the idea.I do have a VS and a Maurices card that is used very sparingly.I apped for Maurices in store and of course it was a HP.VS was done through the SCT and there was none,only a softee.I called Comenity Bank up today and asked the gentleman about that and he told me that he hadnt ever had anyone ask if accepting a preapproval would be a hard or soft pull.After a brief moment on hold he did confiem it would be a hard inquiry.Has anyone had this experience with that particular card accepting through a preapproval? Thanks!

Sometimes, these CSRs don't know what they are talking about. If it is through the SCT for the Ann Taylor card, it is a softpull.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:
Op- pop up for Ann Taylor store card is a soft pull. Just like VS. if u apply in store, hard pull unless they prequalified u at the register. Still the easiest solution is take the pop up online if you want it. So many CSRs have no idea what you are talking about soft or hard .

So true apparently! I have asked my credit union general credit questions regarding soft pulls versus hard and they had no clue...Still I may wait a few months.Im so close to getting my score to 700.Yeah me! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.