cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about the Barclays Rewards MasterCard for average credit vs good credit

tag
sjt
Senior Contributor

Question about the Barclays Rewards MasterCard for average credit vs good credit

I have seen applications for the Barclays Rewards MasterCard for average credit and for good credit. What is the difference. When I looked at the disclosure statements it has the sames rates and fees. What if you applied for the good credit application when you have average credit and vise versa?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about the Barclays Rewards MasterCard for average credit vs good credit

It just means the card is recommended for people with average to good credit, it's not a different application or different card.

Message 2 of 3
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about the Barclays Rewards MasterCard for average credit vs good credit

@sjt wrote:

I have seen applications for the Barclays Rewards MasterCard for average credit and for good credit. What is the difference. When I looked at the disclosure statements it has the sames rates and fees. What if you applied for the good credit application when you have average credit and vise versa?

As the previous poster stated, there is one card and one application. If you apply with good credit, you will receive a low APR. If you apply with fair-average credit you will receive a high APR if you are approved. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.