Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about the CSP and Freedom.

tag
Awesomely
Regular Contributor

Question about the CSP and Freedom.

My Freedom is a $4,000 limit and my CSP has a $9,000. Would they let me move $8,500 of the CSP's credit line to the Freedom or would that make me lose my World Mastercard status since only $500 would be left on the CSP? Thanks.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Question about the CSP and Freedom.

@Awesomely wrote:

My Freedom is a $4,000 limit and my CSP has a $9,000. Would they let me move $8,500 of the CSP's credit line to the Freedom or would that make me lose my World Mastercard status since only $500 would be left on the CSP? Thanks.

You can move as long as the cards have been open 12 months 

They will require you to leave at least 500 on one card 

EDIT and i'm pretty sure the WMC would no longer exist...others will verify 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Awesomely wrote:

Minimum CL requirements for CSP is $5K.  IIRC, it cannot be lowered beyond that threshold due to how CSP is coded.  You could check with them to see if they can move $4K from CSP to your Freedom though.

Message 3 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Awesomely wrote:

It would probably be better to leave CSP at $5K to avoid issues, but I guess ask Chase.   Just wondering though why you want to do this to this extreme (I've just got a new Freedom so want to see if I am missing something!)   Currently I don't see the need for a big CL on Freedom, as the benefits max out at $1,500 per quarter.  Do you have Chase checking and want to make the most of the 10% or something

Message 4 of 12
Awesomely
Regular Contributor

I don't travel and barely eat out so I would just like to have one card open, the freedom would get more use from me than the CSP.

Message 5 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Awesomely wrote:

It would probably be better to leave CSP at $5K to avoid issues, but I guess ask Chase.   Just wondering though why you want to do this to this extreme (I've just got a new Freedom so want to see if I am missing something!)   Currently I don't see the need for a big CL on Freedom, as the benefits max out at $1,500 per quarter.  Do you have Chase checking and want to make the most of the 10% or something

That's what I was wondering about.  The highest yield benefit is derived more on the CSP.

Message 6 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Awesomely wrote:

I don't travel and barely eat out so I would just like to have one card open, the freedom would get more use from me than the CSP.

Was your main reason for obtaining CSP originally for travel?

Message 7 of 12
Gatortrout
Regular Contributor

Did you orginally just get the CSP for sign up bonus?

Could you move the full CL and close CSP?
Message 8 of 12
Awesomely
Regular Contributor

I just had a change of jobs, I'll call in and see what can be done.

Message 9 of 12
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.