tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Question about the CSP and Freedom.

Message 11 of 12
jenn_bar
Frequent Contributor

Re: Question about the CSP and Freedom.

Unfortunately I cannot find the requirement that I believed required the WMC to have a minimum $5k limit. It of course has "no pre-set spending limit" and describes that in the T&C, but no mention about a minimum...

I do wonder why you have the CSP now if you do not travel often. Since you changed jobs, and it looks like that is the culprit, you might think about converting your CSP to a Sapphire when the AF comes due. Then you will be able to move most of your limit to the Freedom. Once you have $5k on the Freedom and the account open for at least one year, you can make Freedom a Visa Signature, which will take care of all the benefits from the WMC (purchase protection, etc.) that the CSP has.

However, if you do want the transfer possibility with Chase's travel partners, then do not downgrade as the Sapphire does not do that. That's basically what you pay the AF for on the CSP.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.