Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about the bragging about having multiple cards open

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about the bragging about having multiple cards open

@vikingred wrote:

Do you realize the time and effort involved in achieving 850's across the board, and a nice long AAoA, say 10-15 years or more?  It's a massive accomplishment and when lenders see that, and a thick file full of perfect payment history?  Dude.  It's love, pure love.  I intend to get there one day.  I'm in the 700s now and have some major cards, amex, discover, chase, bofa, barclay, etc but I want badass cards.  I want a diner's club.  I want a ritz carlton.  I want a platinum amex, i want a chase saphire preferred.  What else?  Elite cards.  Because I can.  Because I will.  Because it feels good.  It feels like power.  I'm looking forward to my first 5 figure limit which I believe I'll hit soon on a CLI with Amex.  I want choices.  I want rewards.  I want to impress female cashiers and clerks.  At the end of the day it's a hobby, though, because credit is credit, and cash is cash.  And ya gotta have the skills to pay the bills.  And thanks to hard work, I am fortunate enough to be playing the game today.  Still haven't figured out how to put all my cards in my sig though.  Smiley Tongue

I use the Ritz metal card a lot and the only two cashiers who's eyes have widened were both 17 yr olds.  Walmart, McD, Freida's Fun Factory - after I conclude my purchase, the only word I hear is, "NEXT".  Smiley Frustrated

Message 121 of 124
BarryNTexas
Established Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Bragging or otherwise, one good reason for not having a detailed signature: to avoid a lender identifying you (if you are a little paranoid).   With many cards listed, and in some cases open dates, you are probably identifiable if they chose to bother!

lol was wondering why you removed your cards from your sig after your AMEX fiasco..  I think they have better stuff to do, but to each and their ownSmiley Happy

Darn!  Black helicopters flying around the forums?  (Please disregard my signature)

DIDN'T notice the old date on this thread... sorry.

DC Prem 20K | DC Elite 20K | PenFed Visa 25K | NFCU Sig Visa 25K | NFCU Flagship 25K | AMEX Delta 25K & SPG 15K
RBFCU MC 20K | Barclay's RMC 11.5K & Ring 22K | Chase United 30K | Chase Hyatt 8K | Citi AA 15K | Citi DC 15K
Discover it® 27K | JCPenney MC 22K | Home Depot $9K
EX/796 EQ/794 TU/802 GOAL: Break 800
Message 122 of 124
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@BarryNTexas wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Bragging or otherwise, one good reason for not having a detailed signature: to avoid a lender identifying you (if you are a little paranoid).   With many cards listed, and in some cases open dates, you are probably identifiable if they chose to bother!

lol was wondering why you removed your cards from your sig after your AMEX fiasco..  I think they have better stuff to do, but to each and their ownSmiley Happy

Darn!  Black helicopters flying around the forums?  (Please disregard my signature)

DIDN'T notice the old date on this thread... sorry.

Well, since you posted my old comment:   Two weeks ago Edward Snowdon called and said all the cccs have friends at NSA/GCHQ who will give the real name and SSN that corresponds to a user name on any internet forum.   So hiding info doesn't help.

Message 123 of 124
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Im reading through these forums and I see alot of people posting and at the bottom of whatever there posting about they have all the different credit cards they have opened and the there credit limits for those cards.  Does it help your credit or something to just apply for every credit card you can think of and just and keep them open and don't spend on them?  Or are people opening up 20 different cards and using all of them.  Are you just charging them all up and filing bankruptcy?  Im a little confused....

We apply for all these cards together, charge them up, and then file for group bankruptcy. At least that's what a particular poster and his family did...

Message 124 of 124
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.