Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about the bragging about having multiple cards open

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about the bragging about having multiple cards open

Id rather have 10 million dollars and big house then a 700 credit score lol....

Message 11 of 124
Anonymous
Not applicable

For now though you can get a shiny pair of kicks on the $250 Payless Shoes store card.  What you fail to realize is it doesn't come quick and easy.  And you can't buy lottery tickets with credit cards.

Message 12 of 124
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If you have $30,000 to $50,000 limits on several cards and scores above 700 then you have proven you have spent decades maintaining your good credit.  These are the people you should ask the most questions of.  The only people you need to question about why they are bragging are the ones who go on a 7 store card spree and report their $250 limits.  People brag in all kinds of ways, including by the car they drive, the size of the house they live in.  But even then you could win $10 million tomorrow and buy you a big house but that won't make your 540 credit score go above 700.  It's kinda like the cool kids at the mall.  You don't dress from the stores they shop at and you're not one of them.  So scurry along back over to Payless Shoes. 

Not always true. I went from having scores in the low 500's and NO credit, to having (see my siggy for my current scores) nearly $100k on quite a few cards in only 5 months.

Message 13 of 124
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous,

Wouldn't that be nice?  But we will be here when the 10 million dollar and the big house doesn't come and you need to get to a 700 score ASAP for something.  We will be happy to give answers to your questions and you will understand why the limits are in signatures,  why credit scores are golden and why we are proud to display it openly.

Message 14 of 124
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Im reading through these forums and I see alot of people posting and at the bottom of whatever there posting about they have all the different credit cards they have opened and the there credit limits for those cards.  Does it help your credit or something to just apply for every credit card you can think of and just and keep them open and don't spend on them?  Or are people opening up 20 different cards and using all of them.  Are you just charging them all up and filing bankruptcy?  Im a little confused....

Awwww MAN, Ya caught me! Smiley Frustrated

Nah, Mostly signup bonuses. Lol.

Message 15 of 124
Anonymous
Not applicable

This guy has me thinking.  We have a ratty old used car lot down the road.  They have marked the price of each car with white shoe polish on the windshield.  Are they bragging about how much inventory they have?  And those have to be FAKO prices because I would never pay that much for one of their cars.  Should I ask these guys why they are trying to sell a $500 for $1750?  I wonder if they think they have a reputation to uphold?

Message 16 of 124
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does OP realize that signatures are automatic on every post, and not people bragging after everything they say???

Message 17 of 124
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I personally use all of my cards. I determine which one to use by running each purchase through the app Wallaby (https://www.walla.by/) before swiping. There is also a great extension for Google Chrome. The app will also keep track of your balances and make sure that you don't go over your specified utilization before recommending a card.

I had no idea that this app existed. Thanks for the link Smiley Happy.

Message 18 of 124
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If you have $30,000 to $50,000 limits on several cards and scores above 700 then you have proven you have spent decades maintaining your good credit.  These are the people you should ask the most questions of.  The only people you need to question about why they are bragging are the ones who go on a 7 store card spree and report their $250 limits.  People brag in all kinds of ways, including by the car they drive, the size of the house they live in.  But even then you could win $10 million tomorrow and buy you a big house but that won't make your 540 credit score go above 700.  It's kinda like the cool kids at the mall.  You don't dress from the stores they shop at and you're not one of them.  So scurry along back over to Payless Shoes. 

A little harsh, but a view on reality indeed...

Message 19 of 124
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would rather have both 

@Anonymous wrote:

Message 20 of 124
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.