Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about transferring CLs

tag
cjradinfo
Valued Member

Question about transferring CLs

So, I have the Southwest card but I really don't use it anymore and have no reason to pay the AF, especially with the devaluation of SW points coming up.  My question is, is it possible to transfer my current CL on my Southwest card to another one of my Chase cards and cancel my SW card or would I still need to keep the SW card active in order to transfer the CL?  

Thanks in advance for any info!  

EX: 743 as of 11/14/14
Chase: CSP $15.9k | Chase Freedom $2.4k | Fairmont $5k | Marriott Premier $2k | Hyatt $1.1k | IHG $1k
AMEX: AMEX Platinum NPSL | Hilton HHonors $6k | SPG $4k | Delta Gold Card $2k
Citi: Hilton HHonors Reserve $5.6k
Barclaycard: Arrival+ $2.5k
Capital One: VentureOne $10k
Others: Discover it $1600 | Jared $7.6k
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Question about transferring CLs

@cjradinfo wrote:

So, I have the Southwest card but I really don't use it anymore and have no reason to pay the AF, especially with the devaluation of SW points coming up.  My question is, is it possible to transfer my current CL on my Southwest card to another one of my Chase cards and cancel my SW card or would I still need to keep the SW card active in order to transfer the CL?  

Thanks in advance for any info!  

just call up and ask to transfer the CL... they will do it and then you can close out the sw card at the same time once they finish the transfer.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.