cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about upgrading from one Chase card to another...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about upgrading from one Chase card to another...

I've had a Chase +1 MasterCard for about 9 months now (in good standing) and am thinking about calling and asking to change it into a Chase Freedom Visa.  Will they do any pulls?  Or will they go by my payment history with them?  I hope its the latter.

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about upgrading from one Chase card to another...

@thebostonredsox wrote:
I converted from Chase Circuit City Visa to Chase Freedom last month. Very easy but they did do a soft pull on EX.

I did the same product changed from circuit city to freedom plus-took mabey 3 mins to do But no hard or soft pull for me....

Message 5 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

you just call and they will ask you what they want and check there list and if it's there on your account, send it out no questions asked, no pulls or anything. you get a new account number but same old account etc.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

if its just a conversion it shouldnt be hard give em a call
Message 3 of 9
thebostonredsox
Regular Contributor

I converted from Chase Circuit City Visa to Chase Freedom last month. Very easy but they did do a soft pull on EX.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thebostonredsox wrote:

I did the same product changed from circuit city to freedom plus-took mabey 3 mins to do But no hard or soft pull for me....

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That's just what happened to me carter, I called and asked, it took her about 30 seconds to find out if im qualified.  I should be getting my new card in the mail next week Smiley Tongue  Thanks guys.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The products discussed on this thread appeared to be Chase non-Freedom cards. I can say that I did a Freedom->Freedom conversion (basic rewards program to the Plus) with no change in account number, pricing, or limit. However, the process took them 3 months to fully update, and I had to fight with some very stupid CSRs by their secure message center (email) for the extra rewards points due under the Plus program (I spend enough with the Freedom Plus World MC annually to offset the $30 annual fee, but that was waived for Year 1 anyway). Keep your tone civil - you will need to locate and stay diligently on top of someone without a south Asian accent and get their direct phone number to make your requests happen.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

When you do the terms change will the history will still remain?

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's best to inquire first about the terms of a product change, but the history and terms/pricing did remain for this switch. It was a basic Freedom Points World Mastercard to a Plus Miles World Mastercard switch - the product type itself (Freedom) remained the same, only the reward program changed. Even my account number remained the same. Had I switched card products (Perfect Card, for example), networks (MC --> Visa), or tiers (World --> Platinum or Signature), then the history might have been lost. However, you can always ask them to keep the history of the account if all you're doing is a simple product trade. Most companies generally will since they're not adopting any more risk by simply reporting a tradeline.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.