Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about what my GE Capital Home Design credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question about what my GE Capital Home Design credit card

HI everybody, new member here...I am a little confused on what and where my credit card can be used. It is a GE Capital credit card, limit of $1000, and it says"Home Design" on the front. Does that mean it can only be used on stuff for home design? Can I use this card anywhere, like Target or Walmart? Thank you

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Question about what my GE Capital Home Design credit card

Where did you apply for it? Those cards can usually only be used at the store in which you applied.

IE:if you applied at a furniture store near you, it can be used there only

Big AFAIK on this one.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for it at a local furniture store called Dons Furniture. That would be pointless if it could only be used there, it seems like it is such a small store that I could use it somewhere else....the website doesnt really tell me anything either, and it wont let me register because it cant verify my social and bday. So im confused lol

Message 3 of 9
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Yeah. Then it can only be used at don's furniture. While it may be a small store, furniture is expensive and cards like this one will usually offer long term financing.
Message 4 of 9
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

do you have the 16 number and expiration date ??? if then yes you can used it anywhere with visa or master card logo

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah OK, just saw that it doesnt have an expiration date or a logo on it. Just a 16 digit number. Probbly can only be used there. Ill double check and ask them after Christmas. Thanks guys

Message 6 of 9
stormb28
New Contributor

No logo & no exp date, its official, it can only be used at that particular store.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

It even says Dons Furniture WHS on the front lol, now it seems like a stupid question :/ Glad I found thise site tho, I am trying to build my credit up and so far so good, only thing hurting is the 14 inquiries haha

Message 8 of 9
stormb28
New Contributor

Look into a secured card, of those 14 INQS were all denials?
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.