Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question concerning CC Utilization reporting to Credit Bureaus

tag
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Question concerning CC Utilization reporting to Credit Bureaus

Thanks for the info HeavenOhio , for some reason my EQ is lagging behind my other two scores I'm trying to figure out what to do to get it up there wth the others
Message 11 of 15
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@Aduke1122 wrote:
Thanks for the info HeavenOhio , for some reason my EQ is lagging behind my other two scores I'm trying to figure out what to do to get it up there wth the others

My EQ does the same thing. TU is my highest. Strangely my EQ has gotten the most HP's from the cards I have in my signature. I only have 2 HP's on TU (Chase and Elan).

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome! Thanks for all the information!! Also love the follow up questions because I learned even more because of it. Thanks for asking everyone. I hadnt even thought of those things. Even though I'm new to credit I'm currently in the garden so it'll be great to experiment with different credit scenarios.

I charged a little over 5$ to my Chase Amazon yesterday but it's still pending and statement cuts tomorrow so hopefully it posts and reports. I might have to wait until next month for the Chase experiment but I'll see what happens this time around.

My EQ is currently my lowest score. I doubt it's the utilization thing because I'm not under 9% and 3 of my 7 cards currently are reporting higher dollar balances. Its interesting though.

Scores Ex- 690 (AMEX Site/Ex App) / TU- 710 (Amazon Sync) 698 (Credit Karma) /EQ - 686 (Credit Karma)
Message 13 of 15
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Aduke1122 wrote:

In my case, my Equifax score is the highest by eight points despite the ding for reporting two balances. Where Equifax one-ups the other reports is that I have a that I have the least number of inquiries (one) and my highest AAoA (average age of accounts) by a slight amount.

But inquiries and AAoA don't follow through to my other reports. My TransUnion score is three points higher than my Experian Score. TU has three inquires vs. two on Experian. And TU has a slightly younger AAoA.

I think it boils down to how I'm handled by the customization of FICO8 for each bureau.

Message 14 of 15
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I charged a little over 5$ to my Chase Amazon yesterday but it's still pending and statement cuts tomorrow so hopefully it posts and reports. I might have to wait until next month for the Chase experiment but I'll see what happens this time around.

If you want to see the effect of leaving the Chase balance, wait until you see it on your report before paying it. I let my Chase statement cut a balance this month, then I paid it in full the next business day. I think Chase skipped over reporting the statement balance and went straight to reporting zero. But a little more time should elapse for me to know this for sure.

For me, this was a good thing because I was hoping that would happen. For someone else who wants the reported the balance to stick, not giving it time to report before paying would be a negative.

If one wants a Chase balance to stick on the reports for an entire month, this would be the plan.

1. Let the statement cut with a small balance.
  2. Charge something and let it post.
  3. Pay the statement balance in full, but don't fully pay the current balance (which includes new charges)
  4. Bring the balance down to the desired amount (either zero or a small amount) before the next statement cuts.

@Anonymous wrote:
My EQ is currently my lowest score. I doubt it's the utilization thing because I'm not under 9% and 3 of my 7 cards currently are reporting higher dollar balances. Its interesting though.

Scores Ex- 690 (AMEX Site/Ex App) / TU- 710 (Amazon Sync) 698 (Credit Karma) /EQ - 686 (Credit Karma)

At some point, you should grab all three FICO8s so you're comparing apples to apples. AMEX gives you a FICO8 based on Experian. Credit Karma gives you VantageScores based on TransUnion and Equifax. I don't know what score you get from Amazon/Synchrony. You can get all three FICO8s, along with reports, by signing up for a $1 trial at CreditCheck Total, then cancelling the subscription that comes with it. I've never done that myself, but if you have questions, someone here should be able to fill you in.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.