Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for PenFed card holders

tag
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Question for PenFed card holders

I am still in the first month of usage on my PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa. I have put a few purchases on the card from Gas Stations that were not "PAID AT THE PUMP" as a little experiment to see if it still gets the 5%. And to tell you the truth, I am a little anxious to know and don't want to wait. 

Has anyone crunched the numbers on this with purchases from gas stations that are not "PAID AT THE PUMP"? What was the result? 5% or not?

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

Re: Question for PenFed card holders

@ztnjpv wrote:

I am still in the first month of usage on my PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa. I have put a few purchases on the card from Gas Stations that were not "PAID AT THE PUMP" as a little experiment to see if it still gets the 5%. And to tell you the truth, I am a little anxious to know and don't want to wait. 

Has anyone crunched the numbers on this with purchases from gas stations that are not "PAID AT THE PUMP"? What was the result? 5% or not?

Like it says.  "Paid At The Pump". Otherwise, you get 1% if paid inside. I know this from experience. The reason I think they do this is to prevent you from racking up 5% on cigs, soda, chips, beer, etc.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 2 of 5
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@OnTheRebound wrote:

@ztnjpv wrote:

Like it says.  "Paid At The Pump". Otherwise, you get 1% if paid inside. I know this from experience. The reason I think they do this is to prevent you from racking up 5% on cigs, soda, chips, beer, etc.

+1
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 3 of 5
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

@OnTheRebound wrote:

@ztnjpv wrote:

+1

+2

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 4 of 5
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

OK. Thanks. Wasn't sure if someone tried and found out that many gas stations somehow don't distinguish in their merchant codes between payinf inside or at the pump. I'll avoid using the PenFed inside.

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.